Rumor: Lehner has an injury that may cause him to miss some time. (could affect Fleury trade)

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
This doesnt even help them get under the cap tho. They cant use LTIR until the first day of the season so a move will still need to be made unless I dont understand the CBA.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Lmao, I wonder why:dunce:

Uncle Gary lubed their entry into the league with the most advantageous expansion draft of all time. They don’t even need to protect players for Seattle’s draft.

You get a second :dunce: for that.

Yes it's Bettman and VGK's fault Dubas can't get his team into the 2nd round.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ah, the good ol' switcheroo. If you say you're not trading Fleury - they will all come with offers!

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Uncle Gary lubed their entry into the league with the most advantageous expansion draft of all time. They don’t even need to protect players for Seattle’s draft.

You would think a lifetime of being let down would have made your skin a little thicker.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

Yeah, it's totally Bettman's fault for the team owners giving Vegas (and Seattle) more generous expansion draft terms in exchange for an inflated expansion fee.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Wonder if they couldn't find a suitor for Fleury with the numbers of retainment they'd offer and now are going back. Still interested why the surgery is now and not right after the playoffs.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Wonder if they couldn't find a suitor for Fleury with the numbers of retainment they'd offer and now are going back. Still interested why the surgery is now and not right after the playoffs.

Obviously they could not. It is a toxic situation to have your less talented backup making more money than your starter.

They should have just gave up they 1st and 2nd and moved Fleury at the draft.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
This doesnt even help them get under the cap tho. They cant use LTIR until the first day of the season so a move will still need to be made unless I dont understand the CBA.
You don't understand the CBA. Toronto was on LTIR, including LTIR that took them over the 10% summer cushion, all of last season beginning in the summer.

Reactions: Curufinwe

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I don't understand the jokes about cap management. Do you believe it is fake and he won't really go through surgery... or you believe he's going through a non necessary surgery or... ?

I think the joke is the City of Chicago has no monetary discipline.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Most of the players they were able to draft were mediocre at best, with at best a dozen actually good ones. The biggest advantage they had was Florida being incredibly stupid.

Forwards

Teemu Pulkkinen (Arizona Coyotes)
William Carrier (Buffalo Sabres)
Tomas Nosek (Detroit Red Wings)
Cody Eakin (Dallas Stars)
Jonathan Marchessault (Florida Panthers)
Reilly Smith (via trade, Florida Panthers)

Connor Brickley (Carolina Hurricanes)
Chris Thorburn (Winnipeg Jets)
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (Philadelphia Flyers)
Nikita Gusev (via trade, Tampa Bay Lightning)
Mikhail Grabovski (via trade, New York Islanders)
James Neal (Nashville Predators)
Brendan Leipsic (Toronto Maple Leafs)
David Perron (St. Louis Blues)
Oscar Lindberg (New York Rangers)
Erik Haula (Minnesota Wild)
Alex Tuch (via trade, Minnesota Wild)
William Karlsson (Columbus Blue Jackets)

David Clarkson (via trade, Columbus Blue Jackets)
Defensemen

Luca Sbisa (Vancouver Canucks)
Jon Merrill (New Jersey Devils)
Brayden McNabb (Los Angeles Kings)
Jason Garrison (Tampa Bay Lightning)
Jake Bischoff (via trade, New York Islanders)
Deryk Engelland (Calgary Flames)
Colin Miller (Boston Bruins)
Marc Methot (Ottawa Senators)
David Schlemko (San Jose Sharks)
Griffin Reinhart (Edmonton Oilers)
Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens)
Clayton Stoner (Anaheim Ducks)
Shea Theodore (via trade, Anaheim Ducks)
Trevor van Riemsdyk (Chicago Blackhawks)
Nate Schmidt (Washington Capitals)
Goalies

Calvin Pickard (Colorado Avalanche)
J-F Berube (New York Islanders)
Marc-Andre Fleury (Pittsburgh Penguins)

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
You don't understand the CBA. Toronto was on LTIR, including LTIR that took them over the 10% summer cushion, all of last season beginning in the summer.

So with no season start date or schedule yet how is VGK going to perform the requirements for offseason LTIR?

Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad