Confirmed with Link: Lehner, Benoit, Richardson to AHL All-Star game

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I know this had been mentioned that Richardson is the coach of the east, but I dont think it has been mentioned that Lehner and Benoit made the Eastern all-star team. I might have just missed it though

http://theahl.com/2013-all-star-rosters-announced-p181375

I don't know how this usually goes during a lockout that ends in the middle of a season, but I find it funny that while Lehner and Benoit were named to the team, Silfverberg wasn't. Maybe somebody knows something we don't? I definentely think JS deserved to be listed, and Benoit and Lehner made it even though they are still up at training camp is kinda odd.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I know this had been mentioned that Richardson is the coach of the east, but I dont think it has been mentioned that Lehner and Benoit made the Eastern all-star team. I might have just missed it though

http://theahl.com/2013-all-star-rosters-announced-p181375

I don't know how this usually goes during a lockout that ends in the middle of a season, but I find it funny that while Lehner and Benoit were named to the team, Silfverberg wasn't. Maybe somebody knows something we don't? I definentely think JS deserved to be listed, and Benoit and Lehner made it even though they are still up at training camp is kinda odd.

If I had to put a wager, I'd say that they didn't name him because they knew there was zero chance he is coming back to the AHL.

No sense in naming a guy you know for a fact won't show up. Giving the spot to someone else who is more likely to play in the game, I have no issue with.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
If I had to put a wager, I'd say that they didn't name him because they knew there was zero chance he is coming back to the AHL.

No sense in naming a guy you know for a fact won't show up. Giving the spot to someone else who is more likely to play in the game, I have no issue with.

Nah..AHL has been around for a while, that's not the case at all..remember how slow a start he had??

It's just typical hf fan hype for the home team prospects..Lehner and Benny deserve it

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Nah..AHL has been around for a while, that's not the case at all..remember how slow a start he had??

It's just typical hf fan hype for the home team prospects..Lehner and Benny deserve it

Yeah, really doesn't seem like a jaw-dropping mistake or anything.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
I dunno about anyone else, but I read "Confirmed with Link: Lehner, Benoit..." and just about had a heart attack before reading the rest of the topic.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Meh, either way I'm not too broken up about it.

We all know the only time it's going to come up again is when Leafs fans will try to knock him down a peg after he lights them up this year:

"Well, he's not THAT good, he couldn't even make the AHL All-Star team! Kadri did it, therefore Kadri >>>>>> Silfverberg".

:laugh: :)shakehead)

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
They obviously picked the players that they thought would be in the AHL after the season opened. Just look at who Oklahoma is sending.... no Schultz, Hall, RNH or Eberle. The skipped the guys moving to the NHL.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Not this.

It isn't a "regular" year.

They obviously picked the players that they thought would be in the AHL after the season opened. Just look at who Oklahoma is sending.... no Schultz, Hall, RNH or Eberle. The skipped the guys moving to the NHL.

This.

AHL probably asked teams if the players they selected would be available. They just moved to the next candidates going down the list.

It was between Lehner, Benoit, Wiercioch and Silfverberg. All could have been named. They're that good in the AHL but there's a limited number of spots

Thing is Bingo already has a Goalie and D-man named, and no other forward outside Silfverberg deserving it. JS isn't available

Last edited:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Not only that Silf wasn't named but Cannone was probably passed over because of the whole waiver scandal and they didn't want the All-Star game overshadowed by the media firing questions about how he was put on waivers yet he was voted to the all-star game. Unfortunately those ballots are probably sealed and we'll never know the truth.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Not only that Silf wasn't named but Cannone was probably passed over because of the whole waiver scandal and they didn't want the All-Star game overshadowed by the media firing questions about how he was put on waivers yet he was voted to the all-star game. Unfortunately those ballots are probably sealed and we'll never know the truth.

They probably just wanted the other players to have a chance to be the Allstar game MVP.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

What bridge you under today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->