Lehner 35save Shutout in Isles debut

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
He looked very good.

was poised and stood tall. Never scrambling or out of position.

Reactions: SI90

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I saw the game, he stood on his head and kept them in it. However with him it's always been consistency, so let's see how he looks when he is asked to do that every night 30+ games in.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Great game by Lehner. The Sharks will be fine, people just want to jump on them early because they got EK and now they have one of the best defenses overall. They aren't going to get shut out very often.

Reactions: Quicklime and SI90

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
It is special for Lehner due to it being his first game on a new team, an islander record, and because he is coming off of a particularly bad previous season/mental health and substance abuse issues

Yeah for real, this isn't a run of the mill shutout. This is most likely the first game Lehner has played without a hangover/not having the after effects of sleeping pills and whatever else he was taking. It's a great sign for him, not just for the result team wise but personally as well. Look at many musicians, when they get sober they often worry they won't be able to create or perform at the level they did when they were using. I'm sure this was a big relief to Lehner to not only get game one out of the way, but to have it go so well. But leave it to a Leaf fan to have something to say.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I've been expecting for weeks that he'll have a great season after revealing his problems (and yes, I know one game doesn't make a season). But coming out and getting something like that off your mind, and soul, can work wonders. He'll now feel more relieved and be better able to focus on his game.

Reactions: Quicklime

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s amazing how the sabres goaltending looks so much better with Hutton but lehner has had issues it wasn’t all him the sabres defense was trash too. Just don’t use him in a shootout lol.

Both teams look better defensively so far with both parties moving on, both teams are 2-1.

I like the isles too so this pleases me.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It’s amazing how the sabres goaltending looks so much better with Hutton but lehner has had issues it wasn’t all him the sabres defense was trash too. Just don’t use him in a shootout lol.

Both teams look better defensively so far with both parties moving on, both teams are 2-1.

I like the isles too so this pleases me.
I’m glad the whole Vanek trade situation is behind us :)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
wanted my leafs to pick him up.

excellent goalie if his head is straight.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sharks with 1 OT win against the Kings to start the year, a down Ducks team, Kings team that really has not looked good, and now the Isle's.

Early yet, but probably not the start Sharks were expecting.

To be fair Gibson stole that game where Jones completely gave it away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad