Value of: Lehkonen Auction

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by Aldo Montoya, Oct 13, 2020.

1. draft day Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'd rather trade someone else.

overlords likes this.
  2. Archijerej Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Sure. All those things said in the offseason, (and the last two seasons) BEFORE Bergevin made his moves, about being able to roll 4 lines were just drunken rumblings with no connection to actual planning.

Of course. Blandisi will strike fear into the hearts of the opponents.

3. Archijerej Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This is the mystery that the sane part of our fanbase is trying to solve for years.

Most likely, it comes from inflated expectations and inability to appreciate the finer aspects of the game. When Lehkonen broke into the league, he looked like a future 25-goal scorer. Many did not forgive him that he's not that.

HabsTown likes this.
  4. Souker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I know it’s not the purpose of this post but I’d keep Lehkonen. He’s a quality 3rd liner that can alternate between our 3rd and 4th line and help a lot on the PK.
    I rather trade Byron with Mete as a sweetener. I wonder if a team like Ottawa bites given Byron’s contract structure and gaining a young asset in Mete.
    With the saved $, I’d hope we sign a big 13th forward for 1 mil.

5. NewDef Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Mete and Weal are not going to be a regulars, if kept. Byron won't finish the season (or even start it), he'll be traded even if we need to add. Lehkonen is 6 foot, solid, never hurt, hits and excellent defensively... (wish he was 1.5 mil though) Really, we're not that small...

I have no issue with one (1) Gallagher because he is him. The other smaller guys are not regular roaster in the 2020-21 edition from my pov...

Roadhouse likes this.
  6. TT1 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Lehkonen won't be moved (great forechecker/defensive player and has offensive upside).. Weal/Kulak will. They're more likely to trade Byron over Lehkonen as well.

NewDef and Roadhouse like this.
  7. glenbuis Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I would think all of byron weal Lehkonen kulak and mete can be dealt depending on the returns . If I were only allowed to keep two I would go with Lehkonen and kulak . Lehkonen is an elite penalty killer and solid defensively. Kulak May be able to fill in the top 4 if there’s an injury .

byrons 3.4 outweighs what he still brings on the fourth line , weal is no longer needed and I find mete is just to small . I respect others might not like my 2 choices . I’m curious what two other fans would pick from this group of five .

8. Stars27 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Radulov 1 for 1 Lehkonen

Montreal gets the better player signed to an extra year at albeit the higher rate. Plus, Radulov returns to Montreal!

Dallas gets an inferior player and cap flexibility. Lehkonen would fit well with the Stars forward group

9. draft day Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Radulov's time in Montreal has passed. Lehk is a keeper. We have other options which would be traded before Lehk

10. NewEraGM Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Why trade him.? He’s a very good bottom 6!player...good cap. Zero maintenance. Claude loves him. He’s perfect in his role and I think he really loves Montreal

11. draft day Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We are not trading him nor looking to trade him.

Junohockeyfan likes this.
  12. Roadhouse Bring me back to 2006...

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No can do. We are saturated with right hand shots now. It was never the case before. And right-handed Caufield is coming up next year. We need Lehkonen.

The kid has a history here now. Predicts we win against the Rangers in a post-game interview, we lose the next one. Predicts we win out the season and make the playoffs, then Carolina breaks his heart and we miss the playoffs.

He is very adequate on our bottom 6 and Radulov's salary would be too much for us at this point. On rare nights Lehkonen, who has never been injured in any major way, can pull rabbits out for us. His shot is not horrible and we need shooters, we had too many playmakers last year. Durable, cost-controlled guy who can make jokes in Finnish with KK in the locker room. In his rookie year we thought he'd be a sniper.

He keeps it mostly to himself now. :laugh: