Value of: Lehkonen Auction

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
My point was that in a league trending towards speed and skill Bergevin went the opposite direction.
  • Edmundson 6'4'' 215lbs
  • Anderson 6'3'' 222lbs
  • Toffoli 6'0'' 197lbs (not that tall but not exactly known for being fast)
Anderson is extremely fast. Bot sure about Toffoli. Ed will be paired with Petry.

Reactions: Richard88

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
My point was that in a league trending towards speed and skill Bergevin went the opposite direction.
  • Edmundson 6'4'' 215lbs
  • Anderson 6'3'' 222lbs
Eddy is a smooth skater and pretty mobile for his size.
Anderson skates like the wind for a 230 pounder and Toffoli is an above average skater.

What Bergevin did so far this offseason is fill holes on the roster without diminishing the team's identity which is speed.

Back up goalie: Check
Added size: Check
Added scoring: Check
Improved D: Check

When Gally mentioned that teams will not like playing the Habs next season, he's not just kidding here, he's a player and he knows that he wouldn't like to face a team like the Habs and so other players will feel the same.

As a player, knowing that playing the Habs means 5 of their 6 Defensemen can crack you and wear you down all game is a little demoralizing.

Weber, Chiarot, Eddy, all play physical.
Petry can be physical as well and Romanov might end up being the most physical of the lot in a couple years. Add to that Fleury as well.

Add to that players like Anderson who will hit you too, players like Gally and Lehkonen who are always in your face and pressuring... And you have a long night ahead of you.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Why would the Habs trade him; high energy, great PKer, cheap, can chip in on spot treatment up the lineup when needed...what they'd get back would be, at best...a Lehkonen-type player...unless he was an add-on for a significant upgrade elsewhere, trading Lehkonen does nothing for the Habs

Reactions: Archijerej

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why would the Habs trade him; high energy, great PKer, cheap, can chip in on spot treatment up the lineup when needed...what they'd get back would be, at best...a Lehkonen-type player...unless he was an add-on for a significant upgrade elsewhere, trading Lehkonen does nothing for the Habs
He is not getting traded anyway.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Capspace.

Reactions: deflowd

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
This would be my preference. While slightly overpaid in this new economic reality, both Byron and Lehkonen and good depth players that can play up and down the lineup and kill penalties.
I don't think trading Weal is a realistic option. I just don't see a team willing to add a #13-14 forward at his cap hit.

Byron, while a quality player when healthy, will also likely prove to be too expensive to move, considering the season he's had.

Unless we add a sweetener the only realistic options I see are Armia, Lehkonen and Kulak and I'm not even certain about the latter.

Although I like Armia very much, I'm a big fan of Lehkonen, plus he's still a RFA after next season. I don't think he's the player we should move.

We can of course do nothing and assign Weal to the AHL, but that means we're OK with two of Weal/Blandisi/Belzile/Dauphin/Poehling/Vejdemo being our 13/14th forwards and one of Mete/Kulak as Romanov's partner. Also, one of those defencemen would have to play on his off-side. I'm not sure that's the way to go, especially if we're gonna lose Armia anyway to free agency next offseason.

Last edited:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't think trading Weal is a realistic option. I just don't see a team willing to add a #13-14 forward at his cap hit.

Byron, while a quality player when healthy, will also likely prove to be too expensive to move, considering the season he's had.

Unless we add a sweetener the only realistic options I see are Armia, Lehkonen and Kulak and I'm not even certain about the latter.

Although I like Armia very much, I'm a big fan of Lehkonen, plus he's still a RFA after next season. I don't think he's the player we should move.

We can of course do nothing and assign Weal to the AHL, but that means we're OK with two of Weal/Blandisi/Belzile/Dauphin/Poehling/Vejdemo being our 13/14th forwards and one of Mete/Kulak as Romanov's partner. Also, one of those defencemen would have to play on his off-side. I'm not sure that's the way to go, especially if we're gonna lose Armia anyway to free agency next offseason.

I picture us keeping Belzile and Mete/Kulak in the press box, and sending Weal down to the AHL. And I'm fine with that.

I only started this thread because MB apparently said he wanted to be $1.5M under the cap. If that is the case, I'd hate to say it but moving one of Armia, Lehkonen or Kulak is the only realistic move. I'm a much bigger fan of Armia despite his UFA status next year than Lehkonen and I'd rather keep the depth at LD in Kulak.

If it were up to me, I'd not move anyone out for cap space at this point though.

Reactions: Archijerej

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
  • Edmundson 6'4'' 215lbs
  • Anderson 6'3'' 222lbs
We were too small before. Adding those guys, all of a sudden our small skill got an inch taller and 20 points heavier.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
  • Edmundson 6'4'' 215lbs
  • Anderson 6'3'' 222lbs
Do you even watch hockey?
Like seriously, Edmundson is quite mobile(not that fast), Anderson is impressive fast and Toffoli is alright/average speed wise again.
You could have tried trashing them in other ways which could have worked but it showed how bad of an unknowledgeable troll you are. How many Byrons do you want on this team?
:thumbd:

Last edited:
Reactions: draft day

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

Armia is better than Lehkonen and bigger. He is the better scoree, stronger and probably just as good defensively. Lehkonen has regressed from his rookie year and now screws up every scoring opportunity. In order of 1st to go it should be Kulak, Lehkonen, Armia.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
  • Edmundson 6'4'' 215lbs
  • Anderson 6'3'' 222lbs

Is this post serious?

The Montreal Canadiens are already a very fast team and Josh Anderson is a fast player that adds to that dimension.

Furthermore, how does adding Tyler Toffoli, a high-skill player, the opposite direction of the league trending toward skill?

This is a deeply weird post. First you say that the league is moving toward speed and skill and the Canadiens are headed in the other direction, then you cite, an example, the addition of a speedy player and the addition of a skill player.

Are you even familiar with these guys at all?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Armia is better than Lehkonen and bigger. He is the better scoree, stronger and probably just as good defensively. Lehkonen has regressed from his rookie year and now screws up every scoring opportunity. In order of 1st to go it should be Kulak, Lehkonen, Armia.
Nope.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
I picture us keeping Belzile and Mete/Kulak in the press box, and sending Weal down to the AHL. And I'm fine with that.

I only started this thread because MB apparently said he wanted to be $1.5M under the cap. If that is the case, I'd hate to say it but moving one of Armia, Lehkonen or Kulak is the only realistic move. I'm a much bigger fan of Armia despite his UFA status next year than Lehkonen and I'd rather keep the depth at LD in Kulak.

If it were up to me, I'd not move anyone out for cap space at this point though.

The 1.5 million is for bonuses that players like Suzuki and KK might earn. But my question is, doesn't it just take one LTIR during the season for us to earn some cap space for the year? It's pretty unlikely we don't have even one, so the cushion seems unnecessary. Just send Weal down to the AHL.

I would, however, like to add some cheap UFA like Granlund, but everyone else wants to do that too and there's so cap space available. I would add picks to get rid of a player if we have a good signing lined up.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What rules? You forgot to add far better offensively than choker Lehkonen
Far better offensively? Do you even watch the game?

Lehk 107 in 291 games=.36 ppg
Far better offensively.:laugh:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Do you even watch hockey?
Like seriously, Edmundson is quite mobile(not that fast), Anderson is impressive fast and Toffoli is alright/average speed wise again.
You could have tried trashing them in other ways which could have worked but it showed how bad of an unknowledgeable troll you are. How many Byrons do you want on this team?
:thumbd:

Is this post serious?

The Montreal Canadiens are already a very fast team and Josh Anderson is a fast player that adds to that dimension.

Furthermore, how does adding Tyler Toffoli, a high-skill player, the opposite direction of the league trending toward skill?

This is a deeply weird post. First you say that the league is moving toward speed and skill and the Canadiens are headed in the other direction, then you cite, an example, the addition of a speedy player and the addition of a skill player.

Are you even familiar with these guys at all?
I may have exaggerated somewhat. But I still maintain that Toffoli is not a fast player; rather, he's more of a cerebral player who scores most of his goals in the low slot area, as shown in the chart below. That's not a problem in and of itself though. Perhaps it is what Montreal needs more of.

upload_2020-10-17_16-28-20.png

Regarding Anderso,the issue is partly the fact that he's injury prone and is coming off a 1 goal in 26 game season. Lot's to prove. It's undoubtedly a gamble by Bergevin.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-17_16-28-9.png
    upload_2020-10-17_16-28-9.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Holystik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->