Value of: Lehkonen Auction

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You're moving the goalposts. Earlier you said "His regular season points are well below 0.5ppg."

JTC's regular season points are well below 0.5PPG. In 223 games he has 91 points for 0.4PPG.

I prefer Byron over Compher as Byron is a better defensive forward, better PK'er and produces the same points. With a healthy season, i expect Byron to produce similar points to JTC and he will do it from the Habs 4th line!

Regardless, both contracts are a challenge to move and likely won't due to the cost to move them.

Donskoi and Cole are even worse.

Lehkonen can easily be moved.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yet you have a 2.85M 4th liner in Calvert?
The $2.85m Calvert contract was signed at a time that Avs had a lot of capspace so it wasn't an issue.

Calvert is amazing.
LOL, um ok. You have set the bar really low on "amazing".
For a 4th liner Calvert is indeed awesome. Fan favourite because he has a high motor and brings his best game consistently every single night.

Heart and soul players that fans hate to lose. Would love to keep him for as long as he can continue to play that tenacious speedy game. Sucks the Habs will be losing someone like that in Gallagher soon with all these poor moves.
Yeah Calvert is definitely a guy I'd love to find a way to keep beyond 2021 but he'll likely price himself out of coming back then.

Why would the Habs lose Gallagher? Habs are in a great spot. They have Gallagher for a full season at 3.75M. That's a money contract. Happy to have him! :)

2.85M on the 4th line in Calvert. Much like Lehkonen on the 4th line. Habs will have one of the best 4th lines in the league because of their depth.
I agree on Gallagher. Bergevin is clearly intent on making the playoffs, so you're probably best off keeping Gallagher. Or moving him at the deadline when you're more likely to get a good return than right now when everyone is just dumping contracts for nothing.

I'd gladly take Lehkonen on our 4th line at $2.4m if we could afford it. I don't think we can though, unless we get some retention (via 3rd team most likely).

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The $2.85m Calvert contract was signed at a time that Avs had a lot of capspace so it wasn't an issue.

For a 4th liner Calvert is indeed awesome. Fan favourite because he has a high motor and brings his best game consistently every single night.

Yeah Calvert is definitely a guy I'd love to find a way to keep beyond 2021 but he'll likely price himself out of coming back then.

I agree on Gallagher. Bergevin is clearly intent on making the playoffs, so you're probably best off keeping Gallagher. Or moving him at the deadline when you're more likely to get a good return than right now when everyone is just dumping contracts for nothing.

I'd gladly take Lehkonen on our 4th line at $2.4m if we could afford it. I don't think we can though, unless we get some retention (via 3rd team most likely).

Gally re-signed to a 6 year contract. So that ends that. :)

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
JTC's regular season points are well below 0.5PPG. In 223 games he has 91 points for 0.4PPG.

I prefer Byron over Compher as Byron is a better defensive forward, better PK'er and produces the same points. With a healthy season, i expect Byron to produce similar points to JTC and he will do it from the Habs 4th line!

Regardless, both contracts are a challenge to move and likely won't due to the cost to move them.

Donskoi and Cole are even worse.

Lehkonen can easily be moved.
Who cares what Compher's PPG was in his rookie season? What matters is what he is right now, and as I've shown with his most recent seasons he is clearly a 0.5ppg player right now.

To illustrate my point here are Mackinnon's first 5 seasons. Would you have said after the 2018 season that Mackinnon isn't a PPG+ player, just because his average across 5 seasons doesn't average as PPG? Of course you wouldn't. But yet here you are using Compher's rookie season to try to prove that he isn't a 0.5ppg player by using his rookie season to pull down his point average, despite the fact that he's been a very consistent 0.5ppg player (or a touch below) since 2018 - and above 0.5ppg in the playoffs across his career. It's just weird how you can be so obtuse about something so obvious.

upload_2020-10-14_23-9-56.png

As for Byron, the key part of your sentence is "With a healthy season". Good luck with that. ;)

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Why would the Habs lose Gallagher? Habs are in a great spot. They have Gallagher for a full season at 3.75M. That's a money contract. Happy to have him! :)

2.85M on the 4th line in Calvert. Much like Lehkonen on the 4th line. Habs will have one of the best 4th lines in the league because of their depth.

Lol! Never mind.

Reactions: Richard88

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Who cares what Compher's PPG was in his rookie season? What matters is what he is right now, and as I've shown with his most recent seasons he is clearly a 0.5ppg player right now.

To illustrate my point here are Mackinnon's first 5 seasons. Would you have said after the 2018 season that Mackinnon isn't a PPG+ player, just because his average across 5 seasons doesn't average as PPG? Of course you wouldn't. But yet here you are using Compher's rookie season to try to prove that he isn't a 0.5ppg player by using his rookie season to pull down his point average, despite the fact that he's been a very consistent 0.5ppg player (or a touch below) since 2018 - and above 0.5ppg in the playoffs across his career. It's just weird how you can be so obtuse about something so obvious.

View attachment 372798

As for Byron, the key part of your sentence is "With a healthy season". Good luck with that. ;)

Compher has ALWAYS been below 0.5PPG in the regular season. That's a fact. There is no disputing that!

Correct on Byron and health. That is a concern and a knock on his value. Just as Timmins value has tanked due to health.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Sorry, i missed that? What were you saying about the Habs losing Gally? ;)

Now that Gally is signed, i am guessing the speculation will shift to Danault. Danault for JTC and Cole.
What do you mean "shift to Danault"? We've been talking about trading for Danault for the past 6 months :laugh:

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Compher has ALWAYS been below 0.5PPG in the regular season. That's a fact. There is no disputing that!

Correct on Byron and health. That is a concern and a knock on his value. Just as Timmins value has tanked due to health.

Compher is below 0.5ppg by 0.026 in the last 2 seasons.

And yet in the playoffs over his career he is 0.015 above 0.5ppg.

In his most recent sample he got 8 points in 15 playoff games.

It seems quite pedantic to argue that he isn't a 0.5 ppg right now. But you do your thing.

So let's add it up, starting from the 2017/18 playoffs:
  • 63 points in 133 regular season games = 0.474 ppg, or 38.8 point pace.
  • 17 points in 33 playoff games ..............= 0.515 ppg, or 42.2 point pace.
Combined:
  • 80 points in 166 games = 0.48 ppg, or 39.5 point pace.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
wanna swap Kerfoot for Lehkonen? we can add Dermott if you want to add a decent pick or prospect.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Compher is below 0.5ppg by 0.026 in the last 2 seasons.

And yet in the playoffs over his career he is 0.015 above 0.5ppg.

In his most recent sample he got 8 points in 15 playoff games.

It seems quite pedantic to argue that he isn't a 0.5 ppg right now. But you do your thing.
Well, he isn’t. Just stating facts. He and Byron have similar production and contracts. Both are negative value in this cap world.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Unless it's you who don't understand that it is a real option. It's not the best as you start the season too close to the cap but yes you can keep 21 players instead of 23 and create yourself some cap space for later into the season.
Never happens.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Never happens.
With Laval being so close I could see a 22 man roster working . You can only dress 20 . Having one forward and one defenseman in the press box should be enough . Maybe on long road trips you could drag someone else along

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
With Laval being so close I could see a 22 man roster working . You can only dress 20 . Having one forward and one defenseman in the press box should be enough . Maybe on long road trips you could drag someone else along
I agree. A 23 man roster is too many imo. 3 in the press box doesn’t make sense.

Rolling 3 x 2nd lines evenly and having a strong 4th line will keep the players fresh.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I agree. A 23 man roster is too many imo. 3 in the press box doesn’t make sense.

Rolling 3 x 2nd lines evenly and having a strong 4th line will keep the players fresh.
I’m more optimistic this year than in a while . Last year we started great . Close to first beating the best teams . Than the game in Washington , we lost drouin and Byron . Lack of depth exposed us and we started out first 8 game skid . We are bigger , deeper and just better . I can’t help thinking that covid is gonna shut it all down though .

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m more optimistic this year than in a while . Last year we started great . Close to first beating the best teams . Than the game in Washington , we lost drouin and Byron . Lack of depth exposed us and we started out first 8 game skid . We are bigger , deeper and just better . I can’t help thinking that covid is gonna shut it all down though .

Half the teams in the NHL will start to collapse if there are no games played. At worse, expect bubble tournaments.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Half the teams in the NHL will start to collapse if there are no games played. At worse, expect bubble tournaments.
I’m predicting they’ll have four divisions. One Canadian (7teams) and 3 American divisisions. (8teams). A lot of back to back games against the same team in the same city. Play teams in your division 6-8 times. All done in attempts to cut costs plus border problems . 2nd half of schedule to be determined later.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Disclaimer, Habs fan here.

His value is minimum a 2nd IMHO . Lekhonen is a great 3rd line players and all teams would like him in his lineup. He brings so much more than his offense. He is highly reliable, he is not overpaid and is RFA after this contract. In a world where cap hit is tight, his low AAV below league average is interesting.

I would be highly surprised if Bergevin try to trade him. He loves this kind of player.

He has value and terms not an issue.
there is no market for lekhonen. teams with cap space get better players for nothing. teams without cap space won't make room for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad