Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Would your team have room for Lehkonen?

LH, LW/RW, 25, $2.4M 1yr-RFA, good skater, good PKer, middle-6 calibre winger

Best offer wins!

Rules:
- no more than $1.0M back. preferably no $$, picks and/or prospects
- include no other Habs roster players

I'll simply ignore fellow Habs fans who come here to say they want to keep Lehkonen and would rather trade someone else.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Would your team have room for Lehkonen?

LH, LW/RW, 25, $2.4M 1yr-RFA, good skater, good PKer, middle-6 calibre winger

Best offer wins!

Rules:
- no more than $1.0M back. preferably no $$, picks and/or prospects
- include no other Habs roster players

I'll simply ignore fellow Habs fans who come here to say they want to keep Lehkonen and would rather trade someone else.

We're not trading Lehkonen. I really hope not anyway.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Now just because Vegas and Isles had to dump their good players for practically nothing, suddenly every single player is worth the exact same or less... Even on super cap-friendly deals!!

Let’s make a Stamkos for a 3rd 2022 thread. At least we can justify Tampa needs the cap space and say how utterly useless he was in the playoffs, while flaunting the Schmidt for 3rd trade!

Come on guys.. let’s not ruin these boards...

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Now just because Vegas and Isles had to dump their good players for practically nothing, suddenly every single player is worth the exact same or less... Even on super cap-friendly deals!!

Let’s make a Stamkos for a 3rd 2022 thread. At least we can justify Tampa needs the cap space and say how utterly useless he was in the playoffs, while flaunting the Schmidt for 3rd trade!
I am sure cheap players will be worth something. Who would that be on the Habs?

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I was wondering if you would do the same!

Jost will be signed at > 1M per his QO. He is disqualified per Op rules

He is also slow, terrible on pk, can’t win a facoff, soft...
What rules? You forgot to add far better offensively than choker Lehkonen

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The most boring player. I cant imagine teams drooling over him.

2nd at tdl will likely do it

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
A 2021 4th. Maybe? Maybe less.

Disclaimer, Habs fan here.

His value is minimum a 2nd IMHO . Lekhonen is a great 3rd line players and all teams would like him in his lineup. He brings so much more than his offense. He is highly reliable, he is not overpaid and is RFA after this contract. In a world where cap hit is tight, his low AAV below league average is interesting.

I would be highly surprised if Bergevin try to trade him. He loves this kind of player.

He has value and terms not an issue.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We have to be cap compliant. If the choice is trade Lehkonen for a pick or pay someone a pick to take Byron, I would just trade Lehk. Ideally we just dump Weal and trade Kulak though.
Oulette and Weal in ahl. Evans on roster. 1.2M under cap. 21 man roster.

or trade Kulak.

Reactions: overlords

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Trade Weal for a 7th, trade Kulak for another late pick. Kulak is a great bottom liner on a reasonable contract and can play top 4 when needed (see playins or 2018/19), I think there should be a market for him, even with the cap being what it is ! Worst case there is not and MB has a lot of pick to dump them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->