Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
I should clarify. I think Coburn's overall development was stunted by the puck to the face. His shoulder injuries, IIRC, can be the cause of his continued below-average shot.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'll agree to disagree with you on this. Prior to the puck in the face, Coburn looked like a legitimate two-way defender and there was a confidence and swagger to his game. After that puck to the face, his game changed. He started playing tentative and afraid that he would take another puck to the face. His game digressed big time after that. Part of it was that the coaching staff at the time (John Stevens and co.) never challenged Coburn to get back to being the player he was. Instead, they coddled him and protected him. They needed to challenge him and get him back playing to the way he did before taking the puck in the face. So, I guess it's kind of two fold in terms of Coburn - the puck in the face started the change in his game and the coaching staff at the time continued.

Yeah, I highly doubt playing tentatively due to a fear of taking a puck to the face would bear any weight to a guys offensive game, but ok. The way he plays the game is no different from the way he played beforehand. And even so, it's been how long since? His development was completely derailed, turning him into a different player forever by a singular incident that he's still playing in fear from? Yeah, I don't think so.

And he he had little offensive game or awareness before the incident. I don't know where people are getting that from. He had a 36 point season early in his career that was a fluke, and the puck to the face was merely a coincidence that people like to peg as the reason why that was never replicated.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ristolainen.

Ristolainen and Jones were close coming into their draft year but a marginal world juniors the year of the draft dropped Ristolainen. I agree they both have elite potential but Ristolainen is in a much better situation. Jones will always be blocked out of the big minutes by Weber while Ristolainen will be getting the top spot as soon as this season if Myers is moved. I hope Jones is mart enough to hit free agency as soon as he can instead of signing long term there.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Stolarz just got hurt. He may have been run by a Hershey player? His head hit the ground. Stolarz is now leaving the game. The Hershey announcers aren't very descriptive and they aren't showing a replay.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Phantoms just can't catch a break this year. Stolarz has really been the only reason they've been stringing together some wins lately.

They're now without Laughton, Gostisbehere, Hagg, Zepp, VV, & possibly Stolarz.

Edit: Mark Alt left the game as well with an injury when he crashed into the boards & his status for tomorrow's game is up in the air as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad