Legendary play by play man Bob Cole has passed RIP.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Nice Saturday night tributes and since Bob Cole's passing. I hope Hockey Night In Canada might incorporate an element of Bob Cole's legendary catch phrases and/or calls into future show introductions. Keep his legacy but also a connection to the game's history alive as a bridge to this modern era which continues to tilt south of the border in all aspects.

I've been watching the Jets Colorado series and have been super impressed by the Jets play-by-play caller. I hear (or maybe want to hear) alot of Bob Cole's influence in John Bartlett's play calling including efficient description, cadence, and somewhat similar vocal pitch. I think Bartlett can and should be a future national play caller. Believe @Oilers in NS mentioned he's a close friend.

Decent sample here:

Feeling some sense of loss and nostalgia for a different era of both the NHL and my own life... not to be existential or anything! haha.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nice Saturday night tributes and since Bob Cole's passing. I hope Hockey Night In Canada might incorporate an element of Bob Cole's legendary catch phrases and/or calls into future show introductions. Keep his legacy but also a connection to the game's history alive as a bridge to this modern era which continues to tilt south of the border in all aspects.

I've been watching the Jets Colorado series and have been super impressed by the Jets play-by-play caller. I hear (or maybe want to hear) alot of Bob Cole's influence in John Bartlett's play calling including efficient description, cadence, and somewhat similar vocal pitch. I think Bartlett can and should be a future national play caller. Believe @Oilers in NS mentioned he's a close friend.

Decent sample here:

Feeling some sense of loss and nostalgia for a different era of both the NHL and my own life... not to be existential or anything! haha.

I could do without having to watch all the Leaf goals but I really enjoyed Barletts call.

Not a thing that I didnt like about it.
Appropriately enhances the game. I would like to hear more.

There are some quality announcers out there (more in the mould of legend like Bob Cole) but Oilers fans get stuck with Jack Michaels. :shakehead

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

Decent sample here:

I have to agree, I watched some of the Jets series and couldn’t help but think the pbp was excellent. Didn’t know his name til now so thanks for that.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for posting that. The more I hear Mudryk the more I like him. He modulates his call along with the play. It enhances the play and ultimately enhances the game.
It doesnt seem like there is any annoying storytime to his play calling either. That totally takes away from the game IMO. Sucks the life out of it.
I like Moon too. I wish he was the TV guy for the Oilers.
And Mudryk is a former CTV Edmonton sports anchor too.

Total pipe dream of course, but if TSN can pull off a miracle by acquiring the Oilers rights, I'd love to bring Mudryk home.

Ha, let's make this pipe dream all out.

- Mudryk and Smid on TV.

- Moon and Strudwick on CHED.

- Michaels moves to Boston to take the Bruins gig on NESN.

- Stauffer joins Royal Pizza as official spokesman :naughty:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
And Mudryk is a former CTV Edmonton sports anchor too.

Total pipe dream of course, but if TSN can pull off a miracle by acquiring the Oilers rights, I'd love to bring Mudryk home.

Ha, let's make this pipe dream all out.

- Mudryk and Smid on TV.

- Moon and Strudwick on CHED.

- Michaels moves to Boston to take the Bruins gig on NESN.

- Stauffer joins Royal Pizza as official spokesman :naughty:
That would most definitely be a major upgrade.
Here's hoping. :D

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Decent sample here:

Im good friends with play by play Jets man on TSN. Ill PM you

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad