Post-Game Talk: Legendary Maple Leafs WIN in a megaman huge comeback! Eye of the tiger was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Soups first NHL playoffs, so I cut him some slack. Completely different beast than regular season. Not as much room for his great dashes past the opposing D-man. Figure he will be better as the games go, he's still winning board battles etc, just little offence right now.

Also coming off of an injury which could impact his stick handling

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I just want to thank the Leafs for an awesome night last night. I watched the game with my mother, my aunt and my grandmother... we went absolutely crazy when Matthews ended the game... good times... can't wait for Sunday night

What the Leafs did was reward the fans with the improbable. The impossible.

It won't feel as sweet unless we win Sunday, but damn did last night feel good!

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Our PP might be our enforcer tomorrow night so Nick better be careful.
I want to see a lead and counterpunch them with risk free perfect team defense and a win tomorrow. If we can blow them out would be nice. A perfect defensive win more important. Defense needs to stay high on everything when the cycle is on in the offensive zone. No risky pinches, we just can’t do it. Defense needs to trust the forwards will get it done.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Shouldn't you be telling us we won't win tomorrow before you tell us we can't beat the Flyers?

Jumping ahead too far.

I think the leafs have a great shot tomorrow, then a series against TBL/PHI would both be very tough, but we could do it. We'd have to be damn ready.

Reactions: willmma

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Leafs vs Flyers could be a disaster for the leafs, that team is deadly

IF leafs do win (fingers crossed) you would rather they face Tampa? Tampa must be crazy hungry right now, especially given how things went down last year for them. I’m not sure they are the better option. But curious to see your reasoning

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
IF leafs do win (fingers crossed) you would rather they face Tampa? Tampa must be crazy hungry right now, especially given how things went down last year for them. I’m not sure they are the better option. But curious to see your reasoning
Philly has been the best team in the league since January (record) and they look the best in the round robin too. I think I'd rather face Tampa

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Philly has been the best team in the league since January (record) and they look the best in the round robin too. I think I'd rather face Tampa

Fair enough, we’ll see, I don’t believe there will be any easy outs. But first let’s get through CBJ

Reactions: Buds17

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Congrats on the win last night, that was an agonizing last 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Did not see that coming, and my body feels like it got hit by a truck. See you tomorrow night

It's been an amazing series. Can't be upset either way.

Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: aingefan

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Philly was 4th best since January 1st, behind Tampa. Tampa has a much bigger sample of being the best team. Philly has gotten pretty lucky in their 2 round robin games as well.

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
Pretty even series, even the 3 goal comeback on both ends. Even potentially both sides down a defender. Hopefully Foligno smartens up and stops being a dirty piece of shit. Funny to accuse someone of diving, when he's been diving the entire series. If he fouls Andy one more time, he should lose his chicklets.

TO should e through already

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Could be wishful thinking, but hope this builds a sense of team. Was impressed with the fact they didn't hang their heads like we've seen all too often in the last 3 playoffs. Where they just roll over and accept it. Hope this is a building block for them. And I'm okay with playing the full game with the "super line" and letting Willy play C. He has two responsible wingers, he should be fine.
Tavares-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Nylander-Kapanen
Robertson-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Clifford-Engvall-Spezza

So pumped for Sunday. GLG!

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
No! Ever heard of Miracle On Manchester?

Darryl Evans?

Yeah, so the Leaf comeback was better:
1. Kings had a full period to score 5
2. Leafs had to score 3 goals in a 4 minute span with a goalie pulled
3. Leafs were facing elimination and playing against a top defensive team

Amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad