Legenda #17

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You just can't show the truth in those movies. Nice Hollywood-like biographical movie about a sports legend. Had to push myself to finish watching it. Menshikov of course is one of a kind. He at times really managed to mimic the Tarasov scary good. Otherwise mediocre play by mediocre actors.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
I was in Russia last week and I found "Legenda 17" in the stores but it is not subtitled. Not even the "Special Edition" which included a Russian flag. :)

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
One Russian journalist called this movie "a piece of **** that has to be loathed with all intensity". Mostly because it has very little to do with reality of Kharlamov's life of the USSR at that time.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
One Russian journalist called this movie "a piece of **** that has to be loathed with all intensity". Mostly because it has very little to do with reality of Kharlamov's life of the USSR at that time.

At least he is left-hand shot in the movie - unlike in that friggin' Miracle (2004) :sarcasm:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

The problem isn't even it's not being accurate, the problem are bad actors choices, stupid plot branches and unneeded all-around pompousness.
It also has quite a lot cursing and naked body for a 6+ movie - not a fan.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
The problem isn't even it's not being accurate, the problem are bad actors choices, stupid plot branches and unneeded all-around pompousness.
I'd say it's mildly pompous. Just as much as a movie like this needs to be. It's redundant and gimmicky at times (the lazy bromance line concerned me the most), but the general audience seems to dig that. And it can't be bad in any way. It made more publicity for CSKA in particular than the club itself has done in its entire post-soviet history.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

That "journalist" is exactly the thing he called the movie. Well, it has nothing to do with the fact that the movie isn't really worth any accolades.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

They basically had no choice. They have one prominent name on the cast and he does his job well. The rest are B-movie level actors.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
i personally can't stand our films (mostly), the last film i saw is ostrov (lungin) and the best film in the last decade is zhmurki. one thing for sure this film has nothing to do with reality

Last edited:

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
I liked it (gasp). Was it historically accurate to the point? Probably not... Yet, as the director admitted himself, they were not filming a documentary. Russian cinematography lacks good sports movies, so having Legenda #17 available is step in a right direction.

I did not mind the actors’ play either, it’s not like it was horrendous. I’d watch it again. And Imho, if you take away all the historical inaccuracies, the movie is not worse than “Miracle†from the entertaining perspective.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I liked it (gasp). Was it historically accurate to the point? Probably not... Yet, as the director admitted himself, they were not filming a documentary. Russian cinematography lacks good sports movies, so having Legenda #17 available is step in a right direction.

How is producing a pile of BS a step in the right direction?

I did not mind the actors’ play either, it’s not like it was horrendous. I’d watch it again. And Imho, if you take away all the historical inaccuracies, the movie is not worse than “Miracle†from the entertaining perspective.

It was horrendous. There is a simple reason for that. Only one actor there. The rest should dwell unnoticed on B-movies and TV-garbage nobody watches unless drunk or bored to death.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad