Left Alive [PC/PS4]

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
So the latest game from Squeenix drops in roughly 12 hours in the US. I've managed to stay away from as much of the game play videos as possible because I love going into games as blind as possible, but couldn't help watching one of the ~15m game play trailers. After just reading the Wiki, it takes place in the Front Mission universe and I'm all about giant mechs so I'm here for it - Front Mission 3 was one of my favorite games growing up. The FPS portion looks awesome too. Also it apparently has a multiplayer bit too? Whatever it is, I want it.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
From what I've read it's more of a MGS clone and you get to use mechs occasionally.

Unfortunately, I think the Front Mission franchise is dead so we're gonna have to wait for Armored Core for some real mech action.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Steam reviews are absolutely tearing this game to shreds. I rushed home from work to get it until I saw everyone complaining about terrible optimization and a general lackluster feel/clunky mechanics. Other reviews around the net say it's a stealth game that wants to be an FPS and has little to no stealth qualities (no stealth takedowns for instance). Guess I'll wait for the summer sale to grab it.

Welp..at least a new Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon is coming out in a couple weeks?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yerp

One review
Yikes.... Was really looking forward to this game since big fan of the Front Mission franchise. Don't even bother with this game for couple of reasons....

-Poor optimization (running on 1080 ti + I7 4970k....)
- Terrible Graphics
- Couldn't even play the game due to the constant crashes

Also if you check the Japan amazon the game is already like 50% off and also with ratings of 1-2 stars... Not only that Square Enix has banned streaming of Left Alive in Japan.....

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The animations look so clunky, can't believe it's a full price game. 40 bucks at most and that's CAD.

Note on the above quote:

" Also if you check the Japan amazon the game is already like 50% off and also with ratings of 1-2 stars... Not only that Square Enix has banned streaming of Left Alive in Japan....."

This is only on the PlayStation using the spoiler blocker feature PS4s got built in, people using actual capture cards haven't experienced any manual takedowns from why I've heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad