Speculation: Lefebvre to Replace Daigneault

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While I don't mind Lefebvre being a D coach, we live in a society of no accountability. More and more I see it in various enterprises(especially in sport and entertainment) it feels like people are allowed to screw up many times before punishment comes. Nobody gets fired for incompetence. Everything is fine and people are just transfered to other positions.

Sure, but this is a fishbowl business. Fans are meticulously peering in on a daily basis. While still a privately-owned business, fans demand accountability and this changes the dynamic in respect of how much tolerance a business like the Habs can have for the types of excesses and nepotist failings, it has perpetuated.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's hard to even be surprised at this kind of **** anymore.

Just par for the course in Montreal.

At least you have the Jets as a back-up team and you can always escape, while we're scrambling for barf bags. :sarcasm:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
There's such a thing in business called the Peter Principle where someone is promoted to their level of incompetency.

Our dearly beloved Idiot wants to go on record as uncovering the Moron Principle where you keep promoting a dunce to his level of competency. Never hitting that level the dunce rises to the top of the hierarchy and becomes the king of the hill. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebebvre isn't GM this time next year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In before The Groove chimes in with a "Dunning Kruger Effect" comment, meme or both. :P

I'll have Groove's scrolling chef meme ready, when he does.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
First off, thank-you for the thread and for all the translation and transcription work I've seen you do recently. I've done a ton for this site and can fully appreciate all the work that goes into it. Kudos to you for enhancing our site experience. :handclap:

Thanks! I appreciate that. A lot of posters make coming here interesting.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sure, but this is a fishbowl business. Fans are meticulously peering in on a daily basis. While still a privately-owned business, fans demand accountability and this changes the dynamic in respect of how much tolerance a business like the Habs can have for the types of excesses and nepotist failings, it has perpetuated.

You would be surprised how even with the fans dissatisfactions, these enterprises still choose to do what they do no matter what. It's like these people take a "us against the World" motto to justify their stupidity. "It's not our fault, these fans are haters, they don't understand".

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Everything I've heard says he was a good assistant and dman coach in Colorado...

When’s the last time the Avs had a good defence? Even when they were winning the Cup they had Sandis Ozolinsh and Adam Foote. Not exactly a bastion of good defenders.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I asked Marc Dumont (who follows Laval for The Athletic) about Lajoie's comments earlier. Dumont told me he asked Lefebvre about that today, and Lefebvre's response was that he has another year left on his deal and that he will do what is asked of him. Here's hoping he's asked to "pack his s#!t."

Dumont also replied to me that he's been hearing the same thing from a couple places.

Reactions: PhysicX

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks! I appreciate that. A lot of posters make coming here interesting.

You're welcome. I'm sure you're also inspiring others to do the same. I've had the good fortune of being able to witness a lot of selfless acts on this forum, posters giving up a lot of their time for our entertainment and infotainment, if you will. I'm going to make sure that I won't let great contributions like yours not get their due. Also, you've done a great job on the Rocket main thread and all the Rocket GDTs, where you soldiered on during very dark days. :thumbu:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I asked Marc Dumont (who follows Laval for The Athletic) about Lajoie's comments earlier. Dumont told me he asked Lefebvre about that today, and Lefebvre's response was that he has another year left on his deal and that he will do what is asked of him. Here's hoping he's asked to "pack his s#!t."

Dumont also replied to me that he's been hearing the same thing from a couple places.

Even if we're still dealing with rumor at this point, Dumont is a credible source -- if he's heard it, there's a good chance it might materialise.

Bergevin is basically shameless. It's not as if Julien would have chosen to work with Lefebvre.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You're welcome. I'm sure you're also inspiring others to do the same. I've had the good fortune of being able to witness a lot of selfless acts, posters giving up a lot of their time for our entertainment and infotainment, if you will. I'm going to make sure that I won't let great contributions like yours not get their due. Also, you've done a great job on the Rocket main thread and all the Rocket GDTs, where you soldiered on during very dark days. :thumbu:

And I'm about to soldier on another GDT. Game is on TV. So whoever is still willing to trudge through that pile of crap with me, then they are more than welcome to.

Reactions: Runner77

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
At least you have the Jets as a back-up team and you can always escape, while we're scrambling for barf bags. :sarcasm:

The Habs are like the lifelong childhood friend that moves far away after highschool to go to college, then comes back at Christmas and has become a complete douchebag. They'll still always be your friend, but you still kind of hate them now.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
There's such a thing in business called the Peter Principle where someone is promoted to their level of incompetency.

Our dearly beloved Idiot wants to go on record as uncovering the Moron Principle where you keep promoting a dunce to his level of competency. Never hitting that level the dunce rises to the top of the hierarchy and becomes the king of the hill. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebebvre isn't GM this time next year.
I am becoming less and less surprised everyday but still flabbergasted. Is that a conundrum?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It is all becoming clear now.

This is all a long con.

We were not Fallin for Dahlin

We won't Lose for Hughes

We are Refraining (from winning) for Lafreniere

Why not all 3 of them :(
We could probably pick the 3 Hughes brothers at this point

durojean

May 29, 2007
I think he might be bad. But I will wait and see as there's no way you guys can analyse his work a couple of years ago in Colorado as an assistant

The problem is accountability. Don't promote someone who is been doing a bad job for years.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is just insane. People are f***ing fed up with this management. Fed up. They want accountability. What do I hear now? A guy being promoted. Why? Oh because he is better an assistant than a coach. Oh yeah? Based on what? I keep reading he's a great hockey mind.....really? So because he's unable to be a head coach he was also unable to use that brillant hockey mind of his to do something in the AHL?

In the end, Bergevin and Molson said that they will evaluate everybody and everything. Which means that by promoting Lefebvre, he is telling the fans that it's not Lefebvre's fault if we had the results in the farm team that we had. 5 missing the playoffs out of 6 years, the 6th year was a 1st round exit. So if you are promoted it's because you are satisfied. So....it's then a drafting problem.....right? So Timmins, Churla and some scouts will be out surely. Right? But then.....not really 'cause we all heard Bergevin saying that it wasn't necessarily Timmins fault 'cause you know....he didn't have a lot of picks to work with. It was then the past administration and his own to not have given Timmins enough picks to work with. So not Timmins fault either. So it was his fault then right? Nah, not really 'cause the only thing he did was with the goal of helping his team to have success.

So this team sucks.....and it's nobody's fault. No accountability but then.....no accountability EXCEPT for the entire roster who were just characterless. And had shitty attitude.

So let me ask you this....when a management tells the world it's NOBODY.S FAULT but the players, who the f*** will want to come here and play? And the funny joke is that Bergevill will tell us that he is calling everybody, he is on all the UFA's....but nobody wants to come so it's not his fault? Hey Bergie. f*** you. Your team sucks. And now, not only you suck and proove you can't do shit to improve your team but you are telling the league that it's all on the players too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->