News Article: Leetch confident Kreider has been Rangers' difference maker

tbonenc*

I think the spark since he has been in the line up is obvious. Last game was not his best, but if we put away a couple of our point blank chances, we win easily.

The point about nobody messing with Kreider is interesting. I have always wanted someone to eff with him, just to see the kid go, but it doesn't happen. Prust sure as **** didn't direct any aggression toward him.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think the spark since he has been in the line up is obvious. Last game was not his best, but if we put away a couple of our point blank chances, we win easily.

The point about nobody messing with Kreider is interesting. I have always wanted someone to eff with him, just to see the kid go, but it doesn't happen. Prust sure as **** didn't direct any aggression toward him.

Prust took multiple cheap shots at him in game 1.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Kreider is quickly becoming my favorite player. We haven't had a player with his abilities who seriously just doesn't give a **** about what his opponents think of him for a very long time.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Kreider is quickly becoming my favorite player. We haven't had a player with his abilities who seriously just doesn't give a **** about what his opponents think of him for a very long time.

If McIlrath develops nicely other teams will hate those two.

Kreider had an interesting interview when he talked about how he was playing angrier because theres less space and he wants his space.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
What habs fans saw:

BoXb0XKCMAA-No4.png:large

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Leetch has always been good at breaking things down. He describes the evolution of Kreider's game well. The kid is making great progress.
Hitting him is like running into a wall. I recall a regular season game against the Habs, and it was Emelin's first game back from injury. He took his best run at Kreider full on and fell to the ice. Kreider noticed it but continued on. Opposition players do indeed learn who is crushable and who is not.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Leetch has always been good at breaking things down. He describes the evolution of Kreider's game well. The kid is making great progress.
Hitting him is like running into a wall. I recall a regular season game against the Habs, and it was Emelin's first game back from injury. He took his best run at Kreider full on and fell to the ice. Kreider noticed it but continued on. Opposition players do indeed learn who is crushable and who is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oddqZ2dDkaM

This?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Ha ha, yes. That is the one. Thanks for digging it up.
When I saw that play developing I did not know how it would end. Emelin looked pretty funny, god love the little tyke (sarcasm here). Of course, the CBC commentary was all about Emelin, and not about how telling that episode was. That's the bias in broadcasting that I guess we just have to put up with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad