Lecavalier replaces Yzerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i dont think there'll be a problem with consistancy for lecavalier. nobody phones it in when representing their country in a major tournament. i think he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing for him. apart from his scoring drought at the start of the playoffs, i think he played extremely well all spring. he backchecked like a maniac, he hit, he worked hard on the boards. i would love to see him play on a line with joe thornton (i would put lecavalier on the wing for this tourney)

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I would have prefered Tanguay.

I like Vinny but he is still far away from being a consistent player. In all honesty he should be the next Mario almost, he has that much potential but he is still far away yet.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
MentalPowerHouse said:
I like Vinny but he is still far away from being a consistent player. In all honesty he should be the next Mario almost, he has that much potential but he is still far away yet.

yeah, lecavalier's style of play has always reminded me of mario. but whenever you mention anyone in the same breath as lemieux, people seem to lose their mind around here

NhLlOvEr

Jul 20, 2004
bhj said:
Would this line look good as the 3rd line or 4th line?

Richards Vinny St. Louis

Good chemistry, good at both offensively and defensively...

What do you guys think?

How about the 1st line? It's a GREAT line!

Go Vinnie!

SopelFan*

ehc73 said:
Gretzky can't control those politics though. That's Bettman's arena.
Maybe if he was named, it would help speed up the reinstatement process?

Anyways, I really like this addition. Getting guys fresh off winning can only help. Team Canada is starting to look better.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
With Shanahan, Nieuwendyk, MacInnis, Yzerman and possibly Blake out of the roster, Canada seems to be losing a lot of superstar veteran presence, with Mario, Sakic and Brodeur being the only ones remaining with the same kind of star power.

Every other star on that roster is shining by their potential accomplishments rather than past. That's good in some cases, I just feel that guys like Yzerman, MacInnis and Blake are the types who have leadership to motivate true stars and that can be real valuable when things are rough on a star studded team.

I have no doubt that our current roster, without all those veterans has as much if not more talent than our 2002 Team but will they come together the same way? Do they have the necessary leadership?

In 2002 we really had the cream of the crop, now we have a more "star of the moment" feel and maybe they'll be more easily rattled.
Luckily all our guys have loads of international experience but there's no telling what a guy like Yzerman and even Fleury bings to a Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->