LeBrun: LeBrun sees Vegas, Toronto and Calgary as best landing spots for Pietrangelo

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I can see it. I remember Stastny saying there were 2 Blues at his wedding party, Pietrangelo and Steen. Albeit Stastny is only there for one more year, but maybe he re-signs at a lesser value. Reaves is there too.

Maybe Pietrangelo takes $7.5 million over 7 years, front loaded. The lost income, in the Blues offer, is made up by living in a state with no personal income taxes.

Knights would have to move Fleury to sign Lehner, but I could see him back in Pittsburgh, with Tristan Jarry. Pens haven't won a Cup since Fleury left.

Stastny would presumably be the odd man out for AP to sign there.... and he's much closer to retiring than AP is.

The cap savings from going from Fleury to Lehner are going to be negligible, especially given the likelihood that the Knights will have to retain at least some portion of Fleury's salary.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Renaud Lavoie was on the fan 590 and he said he believed Pietrangelo did want to stay with the Blues but now that it looks like he's hitting the market he would like to go home and home is Toronto.

He didn't say it was going to happen but he did say if the Blues aren't an option Toronto is his first choice.

the plot thickens.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Renaud Lavoie was on the fan 590 and he said he believed Pietrangelo did want to stay with the Blues but now that it looks like he's hitting the market he would like to go home and home is Toronto.

He didn't say it was going to happen but he did say if the Blues aren't an option Toronto is his first choice.

the plot thickens.

"I believe X player is going to a big 3 market destination (Toronto, Montreal, New York)."

-Every hockey writer getting clicks leading to free agency

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Pietrangelo’s young wife is from St. Louis. They have three little kids. She might want to stay close to her family. He likely stays in St. Louis, because it’s better for his family.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Pietrangelo’s young wife is from St. Louis. They have three little kids. She might want to stay close to her family. He likely stays in St. Louis, because it’s better for his family.

Apparently the 3 kids are triplets. Uprooting that and disconnecting from the current support network is likely a huge PITA.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Apparently the 3 kids are triplets. Uprooting that and disconnecting from the current support network is likely a huge PITA.

I'd assume any millionaire with triplets would have a full time nanny. God, I am not a millionaire but I'd figure out a way to get a nanny haha

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
"I believe X player is going to a big 3 market destination (Toronto, Montreal, New York)."

-Every hockey writer getting clicks leading to free agency
So true. I wouldn’t be shocked if one of these “so called” reporters says the Canucks aren’t signing Markstrom and Tanev, because they’re after Pietrangelo. The guy is recently married to a St. Louis girl, and has three little kids. Usually young moms want to stay close to their families. And AP will make 60 million on this contract in St. Louis. Toronto gives him 70 million. Is that worth uprooting his young family?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
“Happy wife ...” 60 million in St. Louis, or 70 in TO. He’s staying.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Supposedly the grand parents are in Toronto
Her parents? A young mom will want to be close to her family. The mother-in-law ... not so much. AP will do what’s best for his young family. Plus, imo, the Leafs shouldn’t be after another 10 million dollar player anyway.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Her parents? A young mom will want to be close to her family. The mother-in-law ... not so much. AP will do what’s best for his young family. Plus, imo, the Leafs shouldn’t be after another 10 million dollar player anyway.

I'm not sure which set of grand parents

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
They actually have 4 little kids. Triplets under 2 and a newborn. Which also solidifies your point.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I don't disagree, but we also know nothing about their family, so there's no point speculating that he won't leave St. Louis because she won't allow it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
So true. I wouldn’t be shocked if one of these “so called” reporters says the Canucks aren’t signing Markstrom and Tanev, because they’re after Pietrangelo. The guy is recently married to a St. Louis girl, and has three little kids. Usually young moms want to stay close to their families. And AP will make 60 million on this contract in St. Louis. Toronto gives him 70 million. Is that worth uprooting his young family?

If St Louis is refusing to give him an NMC, I'm sure he'd rather move now to somewhere they can stay for 20+ years while the kids don't remember it than get traded to some garbage dump in 5 years when the kids are already in school and have roots.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'd assume any millionaire with triplets would have a full time nanny. God, I am not a millionaire but I'd figure out a way to get a nanny haha

Having money can make the transition easier, doesn't mean that you'd potentially want to do that. Consider how annoying it is to move houses within a city let alone across countries. More money doesn't completely get rid of how annoying it is to do. Moving 4 kids with a team of nannies and someone doing everything for you is still is a bigger pain than straight up not moving at all. An extra 10 mil over 7-8 years is a lot to us, but probably not as big of a deal for someone like AP who is basically very comfortable already and wouldn't be able to spend the extra easily without being ridiculously frivolous.

Last edited:

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

While I agree, a player with that mindset will only sign if they give him a full NMC. Last thing he needs is a trade in year 5 to a random city with his kids in school.

So far they haven’t given it to him, but if they budge on that Pie will likely re-sign.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
While I agree, a player with that mindset will only sign if they give him a full NMC. Last thing he needs is a trade in year 5 to a random city with his kids in school.

So far they haven’t given it to him, but if they budge on that Pie will likely re-sign.
AP definitely deserves a full No Move Clause.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Montreal doesn't get anybody

Tell that to the beat writers who love writing articles about every UFA coming to Montreal. I mean according to them writers we were about to get Karlsson, Duchene, RoR, and every other player that was out there at some point

Edit: Literally next article I saw after posting this was about why Taylor Hall to Montreal makes sense.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad