Rumor: (Lebrun) Is Subban being shopped?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm not assuming that, if you read my previous comments I said I think the rumors are most likely Bull.

However, I do believe that if the rumors are not Bull, Poile would not necessarily announce it to the world since it would not be in his best interest to do so.
I feel like that's an unnecessary thing to comment about. Like entirely.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I feel like that's an unnecessary thing to comment about. Like entirely.

Well then why did you comment on it? YOU brought up what Poile said and if you want to take it at face value because it fits your narrative, fine with me.

The reality is, a GM would not necessarily show his hand to the entire world or confirm a rumor of this nature for obvious reasons. Did anyone see the Weber for Subban trade happening?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Well then why did you comment on it? YOU brought up what Poile said and if you want to take it at face value because it fits your narrative, fine with me.

The reality is, a GM would not necessarily show his hand to the entire world or confirm a rumor of this nature for obvious reasons. Did anyone see the Weber for Subban trade happening?
I brought up what Poile said because it's what is on the mind of every Preds fan. His words added together with the players makes for one PK Subban non-tradable in this summer and honestly probably the next too.

A lot of MTL fans saw Subban leaving since he had 'a lot of problems' in the locker room. Those problems are gone. There have been 0 reported issues with Subban and we've seen him defending his teammates after the PIT loss when they were on a lunch and about to leave, PK was telling wannabe reporters to leave. But just look at how Therrien scolded Subban in one of the after game or just training meetings (11:13);

This is not the way you should be talking to your best player and it's certainly not the way to coach him. Interrupting questions and just regurgitating useless 'skate, skate, skate'. And just because Bergevin was stupid enough to trade PK away does not make Poile one either.

I take it by face value because it fits everything that has happened since PK has been a part of the team- Everyone embraces him. He had 7 teammates go with him to the Childrens Hospital. He has had more support than in MTL for sure.
Nothing is 'fitting my narrative'. We have observed these things as fans and cannot really entertain moving PK as a thing that needs to happen. Everything said by the management adds up in this situation.

I see you fitting your narrative of 'well moves happen all the time when GM's say they won't' here way more than actually looking into the case in itself.
Poile doesn't ever show his hands but this situation is way different than what PK and Bergevin had going on. It's starting to not look like a coincidence why we were in the SCF vs PIT and the Presidents trophy winning team this year. And Poile has realized that, and the comments what Lebrun has given the media fully support that notion.

I'm not fitting any narratives. You are since you like to keep talking about a possible trade when you have been presented counter-arguments against it. And seemingly you don't believe in a trade anyways, so why battle semantics?

Now go away. You're not going to like to hear that this time, the GM is meaning what he says. And there's plenty of proof to back that up.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
:laugh: Obviously he's being shopped. If he wasn't being shopped Poile wouldn't deny it. o_O

Being shopped and teams calling are different.

If there is an expansion draft in 2020, Nashville looks to be a 7-3-1 team. That means likely one of the 4 is moved this summer with Ellis due in 2919 and Josi in 2020 for new contracts.

If moving one they’d want in return or shorter term vet Dman and a 1st they could use this year or a solid prospect who’d be exempt.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Tell that to Preds fans.
Preds fans get how trade posturing works. It's that this rumor has been given relatively little credence from legitimate hockey journalists and seems to have been created and is persisting due to the Canadian hockey media's obsession with Subban rather than him actually being shopped. In that context, we're definitely going to take Poile at his word.

Preds fans don't really have an emotional investment in Subban's future. He's an excellent player and most of us like his personality, but he's also highly-paid, drama seems to follow him and we know Poile will get great value for him if he were ever to be traded.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Fairly certain he was traded before it kicked in and Poile did not elect to honor it. I think the only Pred that does have one is Rinne--Poile hasn't screwed around with those since Suter left and Weber signed the offer sheet.

Good. I think a trend of handing them out like candy bit a LOT of GMs in the ass and the league has learned.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Lebrun wouldn't casually mention this rumor unless he had good insider information. He works for TSN and they just don't throw rumors out there like Eklund does.

Subban makes plenty of sense for a team that has a player (a W or a C) with a big money contract going to NSH.

It's an old cliche, but "where there's smoke there's fire" always.

Read everything he said.

Also, your cliche and it's interpretation in this context is utter nonsense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fairly certain he was traded before it kicked in and Poile did not elect to honor it. I think the only Pred that does have one is Rinne--Poile hasn't screwed around with those since Suter left and Weber signed the offer sheet.

You are correct. The Subban/Weber swap happened days before Subban's NMC kicked in. Preds had option to decline the NMC in his contract which is a weird contract.

As far as the Preds trading Subban. Just can't see it happening. However, I said that before the Habs traded him when those rumors where floating around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->