Rumor: (Lebrun) Is Subban being shopped?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
LeBrun is an idiot and he absolutely throws click bait garbage out constantly. I am more of an “insider” than he is. He’s right up there with Eklund and this garbage is just another straw in the hay stack of evidence.

Then why aren't you getting paid?

Second thread in a row with people complaining about hockey journalists. Maybe if we keep this up we can just not talk about hockey at all!

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
:laugh: You're not getting a Norris nominated defenseman for two picks and two busts even if he were on the block.

Ok, just said thats what I would offer, sure NYI could sweeten the pot even more. If PK is being shopped, which is all speculation now, then theres obviously a reason for it. Two 1st round picks (both top15) in a deep draft is a good foundation for Subban.

Also, what makes you think MVS is a bust, he just played his first pro year in the AHL putting up 29 points in 58 games. Was a top defensemen in the OHL. Please familiarize yourself with other teams prospects before screaming bust.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ok, just said thats what I would offer, sure NYI could sweeten the pot even more. If PK is being shopped, which is all speculation now, then theres obviously a reason for it. Two 1st round picks (both top15) in a deep draft is a good foundation for Subban.

Also, what makes you think MVS is a bust, he just played his first pro year in the AHL putting up 29 points in 58 games. Was a top defensemen in the OHL. Please familiarize yourself with other teams prospects before screaming bust.

This is literally the third thread on Subban this week and the only thing to come out of it is that he's not available and yet somehow people are still saying it might be true. It's not. The "rumor" was started by a Montreal radio host who's still pissed at Bergevin.

The fact that Poile had to come out again and say it's not happening should be telling to you, and you guys still won't believe him.

Ok, Vande Soppel had a 29 point season in the AHL as a 21 year old, he MIGHT not be a bust. That does not mean he would be a good piece for a Norris caliber defenseman in his prime, he'd be a throw in.

Reactions: Tex76

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Then why aren't you getting paid?

Second thread in a row with people complaining about hockey journalists. Maybe if we keep this up we can just not talk about hockey at all!
Because I’m not an insider. I wasn’t lifting myself up. I was putting LeBrun in his rightful place in order of hockey insiders in the world. Thought that was obvious.

LeBrun is the Kevin Lowe of hockey insiders. Clearly he knows people in high places to hand him a job he doesn’t deserve.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This is literally the third thread on Subban this week and the only thing to come out of it is that he's not available and yet somehow people are still saying it might be true. It's not. The "rumor" was started by a Montreal radio host who's still pissed at Bergevin.

The fact that Poile had to come out again and say it's not happening should be telling to you, and you guys still won't believe him.

Ok, Vande Soppel had a 29 point season in the AHL as a 21 year old, he MIGHT not be a bust. That does not mean he would be a good piece for a Norris caliber defenseman in his prime, he'd be a throw in.

Probably just wishful thinking on the Fan Bases part, also Poile is a respected guy but I don't think it would be in his best interest to say he is outright shopping Subban. Again I do agree it's probably BS, heres a better offer from the Isles since you were disgusted with the initial one

11 OA
12 OA
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
“Nobody has even called me about him,” added Poile

This is funny.
It's basically a message to other GMS to call him.
Like when Brian Burke told the media that Luke Schenn was not available. He was, but Burke wanted an overpayment based on his stated (not actual) position.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Whether or not Subban is being completely "shopped", there have been rumours about him out there that are independent of whatever people's interpretation of Pagnotta's radio spot was. Frank Seravalli of TSN claimed the "hot rumour" was that there is a possible Subban for Karlsson swap that could happen. Does offering Subban in one very unique trade constitute shopping him? Maybe not, but that shows a major sports network reporting a Subban trade rumour. With Pagnotta I can't really comment on whether he specifically put a rumour out there or was just speculating, I'd have to go back and re-listen to the spot.

https://www.tsn.ca/erik-karlsson-tops-first-trade-bait-board-of-the-summer-1.1105047

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If he was being shopped, Poile wouldn’t want the whole world to know.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Edmonton is the team that needs him the most.

Hoping Vancouver so I can see him dressed like a typical homeless man in Vancouver handing out free suites to Yuppies during the holidays.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Why are you assuming he's on the trading block rather than believing what
A. The players want (They are on record stating that they want the team intact, no one to leave)
B. The GM, Coach have stated, agreeing with the players.

I'm not assuming that, if you read my previous comments I said I think the rumors are most likely Bull.

However, I do believe that if the rumors are not Bull, Poile would not necessarily announce it to the world since it would not be in his best interest to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad