Lebrun: "Habs may circle back on Daniel Briere, had already shown interest.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'll take Briere to mentor on a line of Eller - Galchenyuk anyday !
We don't need him. We don't need him as a mentor, we don't need him as a player...

Marty McFly can take his skateboard to Nashville and play for them. No thanks!

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
I have no problem with Briere, he's an upgrade on DD, but DD better be the one that get's traded to make room for Briere. If we trade Eller or Pleky to make room for Briere, then Bergevin will give Houle a run for his money as worst Habs GM.

3 years ago he was better, now he is not.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
**** we better not sign Briere. God damnit. :cry:

IF we do, DD better be dealt before the season begins.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
We can't just 'get rid' of DD either for his sake because after his two years are up, we're down 2 players instead of one and DD might still improve. They are unrelated as far as im concerned.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Hahaha funny thing is Briere is going to get people mad either way. Either he signs and people are mad, either he goes to nashville and people are saying he used the habs like an old ***** again.

To be honest i wouldn't mind him but we have to trade one of DD, Gionta for sure.

A line Bourque Plekanec Brière could be a good one that little ******* as a knack for garbage goals plus he has been a habs killer. 35 years old in his case don't mean nothing since he has been playing at a high level since only his late 20. It's a young 35 years old.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So philly ****ed us three times in a week, but not wanting to trade for drafting Morin, buying out Briere making him an option for us and signing Lecavalier. **** you FLyers,

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
man, the obsession with height is at an all time high

some of you need therapy

#daddyissues

I'm far from being on the height ******* train, but at this point adding yet another undersized forward is just asking for trouble.

At least Gionta and Gallagher play a hard-grinding game. DD and Briere are soft as butter.

EDIT: lol, fe__atio is censored. What. :P

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have been following all of MBs moves and have pretty much been pleased with them and really felt he had a good and thought out plan to make us contenders .He wasn't going to sign any more past prime vets to big money and such. Even his interest in Briere threw me off. I don't understand what he is doing now. What I hate is this is the same feeling I got with Gainey. All was well, then he started doing or trying to do things that seemed contradictory or didn't make sense, and it turned out he was royally screwing up. Not again, please not again.

Habarazzi

Feb 19, 2008
I have been following all of MBs moves and have pretty much been pleased with them and really felt he had a good and thought out plan to make us contenders .He wasn't going to sign any more past prime vets to big money and such. Even his interest in Briere threw me off. I don't understand what he is doing now. What I hate is this is the same feeling I got with Gainey. All was well, then he started doing or trying to do things that seemed contradictory or didn't make sense, and it turned out he was royally screwing up. Not again, please not again.

the golden boy has FAILED!! let's face the facts

bobhabs46

Jan 7, 2009
Nobody seems to know, that we've to sign someone who gonna replace what Ryder do all year on the PP ! Brière is the perfect one for that, whatever is lenght.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How did Gerbe get on this team?

we're a magnet for 5 foot 6'ers
We'll offer him and contract and he'll sign. It'll be great.

You know, they probably do this for the Children's hospital days. Don't have to hire extra Elves. :sarcasm:

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com

He's had one year to evaluate his team. At least give him a proper summer before you judge him. Briere makes perfect sense to me.

Plus I think it's closer to 2 years $6m total.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Only way I'd be okay with this is if DD goes the other way. That leaves Briere as the temporary holder of the torch for a year or two until Chucky or Eller snags it from him like a stick on a faceoff. And if we get a semi-decent return for DD too, all the better. I think Briere can easily replace DD and his spot was just a time bomb IMO as no doubt for me Galchenyuk or Eller are taking the #2 spot sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->