LeBron legacy if he wins title with Lakers

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
On the contrary

Nothing Jordan did was as impressive as what LeBron did in his championship runs with Cleveland. The first time he made it, he did it basically singlehandedly and maybe they didn't win, but that trip was incredible..

and the 3-1 comeback against Golden State..

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
On the contrary

Nothing Jordan did was as impressive as what LeBron did in his championship runs with Cleveland. The first time he made it, he did it basically singlehandedly and maybe they didn't win, but that trip was incredible..

and the 3-1 comeback against Golden State..

Jordan never let his finals series go 7 games. He was that good.

& did you forgot about the Flu Game for example?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Jordan never let his finals series go 7 games. He was that good.

& did you forgot about the Flu Game for example?
I think Jordan is better than Lebron but this is a tiresome narrative. He is 6 for 6 in the Finals. Cool.

Bu that also means he went to the Finals "only" 6 times. What happened when he didn't get to the Finals? He lost.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think Jordan is better than Lebron but this is a tiresome narrative. He is 6 for 6 in the Finals. Cool.

Bu that also means he went to the Finals "only" 6 times. What happened when he didn't get to the Finals? He lost.

... so did Bron?

Either way, from 1991 to 1998 Jordan made the finals every full season he played and won each time. That is indeed greatness.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The best team LeBron had to go through to get to the Finals are the 2.0 Bad Boys from Detroit. I loved that team and the way they played basketball, but I'd rate them far lower than the OG Bad Boys, Bird's Celtics etc. The worst team to oust an MJ led team from the playoffs were the Moncrief led Bucks in Jordan's rookie season. The 2nd worst are the Penny and Shaq led Magic who beat them after MJ didn't play ball for 2 years. In his first 4 seasons, he gave the dynastic Celtics and Pistons everything he got surrounded by bums and Oakley, plus a rookie Pippen and Grant in his 4th season. When he actually had someone to play with the Bulls lost two games on the way to the title playing against Knicks, Sixers, Lakers and Pistons, a far tougher road than any LeBron-led team had to go through.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So we can't hold the fact that he couldn't even get to the Finals 10 times against MJ?

Why not?

The east was a cake walk during LeBrons time there. Jordan had to deal with the Big 3 in Boston and Bad Boy Pistons.

Even with a great he was, hard to beat those two all star teams by himself. As the above post mentioned.

Even if we eliminated the championship argument, Jordans 1988 season is better than any season LeBron has had and Jordan had the better prime. Sure Bron is ahead in categories like points but he also entered the league at 18 whereas Jordan played three years of college ball first and essentially missed 2 seasons in his prime.

Are you one of these Montana fans that argue 4-0 > 6-3?

Not at all.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think overall Jordan is still the Goat. But James holds the title for the most impressive single champion title of the two. His win against Golden State was an example of a single player willing a team to a title in a huge mismatch. It hasn’t been matched imo. I’m also tempted to give James the second most impressive playoff run getting the Cleveland team to the finals in his early years even though he lost that title.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I think overall Jordan is still the Goat. But James holds the title for the most impressive single champion title of the two. His win against Golden State was an example of a single player willing a team to a title in a huge mismatch. It hasn’t been matched imo. I’m also tempted to give James the second most impressive playoff run getting the Cleveland team to the finals in his early years even though he lost that title.

What? So we are pretending he didn't have a huge helping hand in Kyrie?

Reactions: Voight

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lebron was nowhere near as exciting of a player as Jordan. Lebron's 1 thing that makes him dominate is his size. Put Jordan in Lebron's frame and you would have the most insane specimen. Lebron in Jordan's body type and he's the next Demar Derozan. Lebron isn't as skilled of a basketball player as Jordan was. It's like comparing Shaq and Olajuwon. Shaq was so dominant because of his size but he wasn't nearly as skilled as The Dream who was the better player.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Watered down league with super teams is what Lebron's legacy will reflect.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
LeBron is the goat at stacking the deck for himself. He set the precedent to skip all the perseverance and just make it easier on yourself with his decision to join Miami. That’s the softest shit you’ll ever see from a star athlete in any sport.

Jordan actually persevered through the 80’s Celtics and Pistons playing 80’s rules. He didn’t quit to join two other all-NBA players for an easier road. He always played the hand he was dealt while LeBron out here with cards stuffed in his pockets and up his sleeves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->