Signing(s): Lebron James signs extension with the Lakers (2 years, $85 million)

Sep 19, 2008
People kept talking about how he was going to leave LA and his first year people said it was a huge mistake and laughed at him missing the playoffs

He's back on top now haters :laugh: and he's signed up for 2 more years :laugh:

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well deserved . this shows how much he trusts and respects the lakers FO and ownership. damn, it's nice to see how much has changed there in just a few years

bronny graduates HS in '23 and if the league allows prep-to-pro again, i imagine lebron leaves LA after the 22-23 season to play with bronny wherever he ends up

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
well deserved . this shows how much he trusts and respects the lakers FO and ownership. damn, it's nice to see how much has changed there in just a few years

bronny graduates HS in '23 and if the league allows prep-to-pro again, i imagine lebron leaves LA after the 22-23 season to play with bronny wherever he ends up

This was always his plan. Stick around long enough to play with Bronny. Even when he signed in LA, the story was he'd stay for 4 years, and then either re-up for another 2 or go elsewhere and bide his time until Bronny got drafted. Tho it remains to be seen if Bronny is good enough to go straight to the pros, even if they allow pre-to-pro.

I know one of the big reasons he signed in LA was for lifestyle reasons. I.E. his first free agency was for him to chase a ring, the second was to fulfill his "destiny" or at least do everything possible to bring home a championship. In 2018, it was his chance to go wherever he wanted and play out his remaining years as he had accomplished everything he wanted at that point. LA made the most sense from a lifestyle POV.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
People kept talking about how he was going to leave LA and his first year people said it was a huge mistake and laughed at him missing the playoffs

He's back on top now haters :laugh: and he's signed up for 2 more years :laugh:

Calm down Wizards fan.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad