News Article: Lebreton talks in mediation to salvage deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
K true but if 30 of the other bosses dont like how he does bussiness. Well you can see its not going to last for him

The other 30 guys are not going to run someone off because fans are upset with last place or because the market isn't lucrative enough to run with the big boys. Or that he decided not to keep Alfy. Realistically nothing he has done is anything they care about

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The other 30 guys are not going to run someone off because fans are upset with last place or because the market isn't lucrative enough to run with the big boys. Or that he decided not to keep Alfy. Realistically nothing he has done is anything they care about

He sued a player playing for San Jose, said Sidney Crosby should be kicked out the game, insulted the Toronto Mae Leafs for spending money - Poo-Jeans sticks his nose into other franchises business and critiques their dealings.

I don’t think other owners cared if Melnyck was in his lane, but his big mouth spews on otero franchise dealings all the time and I’m sure if the other owner had a choice they’d rather have a voice of influence and dignity in their Governors meetings and not a hot-headed yahoo

Reactions: Acidrain66

Ogereatlittleleaf36

Jul 12, 2018
Lol if hes a drain and bleeding money because he can't sustain himself as a nhl owner well you might see the bigger pictue in a few weeks!

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lol if hes a drain and bleeding money because he can't sustain himself as a nhl owner well you might see the bigger pictue in a few weeks!

The bigger picture like how many times one market can go bankrupt? Or that EM might decide to sell? The other owners have no concern about how much money EM bleeds. I have never seen a fanbase in any sport be smug and happy the local team might fail again.
The whole idea that Ottawa is owed a team no matter how many millionaires go broke is insane.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He sued a player playing for San Jose, said Sidney Crosby should be kicked out the game, insulted the Toronto Mae Leafs for spending money - Poo-Jeans sticks his nose into other franchises business and critiques their dealings.

I don’t think other owners cared if Melnyck was in his lane, but his big mouth spews on otero franchise dealings all the time and I’m sure if the other owner had a choice they’d rather have a voice of influence and dignity in their Governors meetings and not a hot-headed yahoo

They probably don't like players being sued, the rest is nothing, less then nothing.

Ogereatlittleleaf36

Jul 12, 2018
The bigger picture like how many times one market can go bankrupt? Or that EM might decide to sell? The other owners have no concern about how much money EM bleeds. I have never seen a fanbase in any sport be smug and happy the local team might fail again.
The whole idea that Ottawa is owed a team no matter how many millionaires go broke is insane.
Location of Stadium is one it never should have been built in a farmers feild in kanata so far it should have been downtown bording two provinces it would have been different for the owners with more of tarket market and more accessible to games!!!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
They probably don't like players being sued, the rest is nothing, less then nothing.

The other 30 NHL owners don’t care if Melnyck goes broke, but if you tarnish the NHK and weaken your own market they don’t like that.

So they don’t care about Melnyck the man, but they do are about amelnyck the suck-owner of one of their businesses franchises.

Ogereatlittleleaf36

Jul 12, 2018
A if a billionaire has that much money first keep the banks out pay for it with out the interest use your hard earned money you stole i meaned earned and invest.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not disputing that a new owner can bring in a better operational structure to the organization, and replace current management, if they so determine, and set the franchise on what they see as the right path.

But improvements in the management will only go so far, as there are issues unrelated to management that have to be addressed. They'll also have to deal with the challenges of the marketplace, as have all previous owners have done.

A new owner is not going to come in with the mindset that they're going to lose money operating the franchise, as a business model. They'd be wanting to turn a profit at some point, and pay off any debt the franchise is carrying.

Personally i think this is flat out wrong.

We could have a perennial contender and this franchise won't generate enough revenue to pay above average salary, high end hockey ops and fund an arena.

New ownership would improve things and i REALLY hope we get that, but it isn't going to change this market place.
Again back to the "realities of the market", which is not the argument, I feel pretty reasonable as far as accepting a budget. I'm okay with not getting the most expensive coaches and gm's, although clearly some more budget needs to be alloted there. I'm okay with having to scout particular regions and leagues only because of budget restraint. I can accept we won't always keep our players, I'd just like to see much better personnel decisions there and start choosing the right ones and being way more pro active.

Considering there's at least one interested buyer, I'd rather take my chances with them trying a new thing, over the same shit show that blames fans and has fireside chats telling fans what they should think instead of internal reflection on all their poor decisions.

You guys are significantly underestimating the impact of competence, no meddling from an owner with no hockey knowledge, new people, new vision, new marketing, etc. I feel the team is an absolute embarassment in many of these aspects, that they have lynched their own product, and it is not about the "realities of the Ottawa market."

Reactions: Acidrain66

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Ah, sounds like you should say ottawa fans have a sense of entitlement.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ah, sounds like you should say ottawa fans have a sense of entitlement.
Sounds like the Eugene MO, just blame the fans again. What's worse is the apathy setting in among the fanbase, because of the long history of mediocrity, rifts with beloved legacy players, poor decision making and a general lack of any humility or taking responsibility.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Location of Stadium is one it never should have been built in a farmers feild in kanata so far it should have been downtown bording two provinces it would have been different for the owners with more of tarket market and more accessible to games!!!

The current location was the only location they could afford at the time of the Expansion Bidding process. Terrace Investments explored a lot of option, in the city of Ottawa, before securing the current site, and "checked the box" that the NHL was looking for at the time.

If Terrance investments did not have the current location, in their proposal, they would have never been granted the expansion franchise, and it would have been awarded to Anaheim.

This location issue can now be rectified by the squabbling partners of RLG and Devcore coming to an acceptable arrangement that gets the green light from the NCC.

Why Canadian Tire Centre is Where it is | Bruce Firestone

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The other 30 NHL owners don’t care if Melnyck goes broke, but if you tarnish the NHK and weaken your own market they don’t like that.

So they don’t care about Melnyck the man, but they do are about amelnyck the suck-owner of one of their businesses franchises.

How do you know what the BOG thinks?
Are you a member?

or is this just an opinion, with nothing to back it up?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Don't divide your building revenues into two different companies hockey is one and concerts another come on hes running his hockey team at a loss and pocking the second company as gains is a mistake and foolish of course hes making money

ALL NHL franchises are operated separately from the Building they play in.

Some owners own both the Arena and the Franchise, and others are tenants.

For the purpose of calculating HRR the franchises have to be run as a separate entity.

Ogereatlittleleaf36

Jul 12, 2018

For the purpose of calculating HRR the franchises have to be run as a separate entity.
Thats not profit if the teams logo is on the building and some concerts and other events are playig there come on they are only there because the hockey plays there lol

Ogereatlittleleaf36

Jul 12, 2018

so he makes money and he doesn't make money sounds to me he is a poor ass billionaire.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
So when are you guys going to catch on that a couple or three of these contrarian posters are leaf fans that have been yanking your chains for a long time? There are some great points that are being put forward for discussion that I wish we could explore but we keep getting side-tracked.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->