Least favorite bad Coyote

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
In honor of the Favorite bad coyote thread (and unable to get my mind off of Jordan Weal's uselessness) how about our least favorite players who were just plain bad? We've seen a lot of those over the years.

I'm not talking guys who were call ups and only played a few games, but guys who were here game after game for a season or 2 and just didn't contribute a damn thing, before fading into obscurity.

Mine are:
B.J Crombeen -brought in to fight, proceeded to be the worst fighter I've ever seen
Peter Holland- Jordan Weal but bigger
Jordan Weal- Peter holland but faster
David Rundblad- my vote for worst defenseman to play for the Coyotes

Last edited:

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I really freaking hated the Matthew Spiller Matt Jones types around the worst days of the Gretzky years.

I remember going down to meet the players after a game near where they loaded the busses. They used to offer the opportunity to season ticket holders occasionally. I remember being in a crowd and one of the members of the booster club saw Matt Jones approaching us. I recall her shouting "there's a future star if I've ever seen one!" shortly followed by a round of applause.

I remember thinking "seriously? You see Matt Jones, the blue chip?"

I was 12.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Ribeiro by a landslide.

Also, Steve Downie….only 26 games as a Coyote, but they were an awful 26 games and he left this gem behind:

"I got a concussion with Arizona they don't call or check up. They actually sent me to a knee doctor haha," Downie wrote. "When I got a concussion in Philly i spent 3 days in the hospital bed. (Former Flyers chairman) Ed Snider came and sat next to me just to make sure I was doing OK."

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
David Hale

That's Rustic Auburn Sunset to you, pal.

For me: Ribeiro, Brett Hull, Wojtek Wolski, B.J. Crombeen, Brandon Yip, Raffi Torres, Patrick O'Sullivan, Ryan Hollweg, Nolan Yonkman, Todd Fedoruk, Mike York, and most of the players from the Gretzky era are all in a giant battle for the top spot on my shit list. Full disclosure: I went online to recall the names on some of our older rosters and was gobsmacked at how awful those teams were.

Feb 12, 2003
Ribiero ticks me off more than anyone else that has donned the jersey. Remember the beginning of that season? The Coyotes were actually in the running for the best team in the league sometime in November. It felt like something magical was happening with that team, and then the wheel not only fell off the bus -- the bus exploded.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Korpikoski (floated his last few years)
Rundblad
Moss
Steve Sullivan (shell of his former self but my God was he awful)
Riberio
Tim Kennedy
Szwarz
Domingue
Jamie McGinn
Gaudet
Holland
Rinaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad