Waived: League Wide Waiver Wire --> (update: Kevan Miller clears waivers)

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Does anyone get why they are keeping Krug, Bart, and Hamilton up? I thought they were going to keep Miller as the 8th and send one of the kids down to ensure they are getting playing time.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Does anyone get why they are keeping Krug, Bart, and Hamilton up? I thought they were going to keep Miller as the 8th and send one of the kids down to ensure they are getting playing time.

I think they'll rotate the three of them, including letting Chara/Seids take off a game every now and again. Bart is 25, he's learned really everything he can in the AHL. He's been effective at the NHL level. Good to have 7 guys who are bona-fide top 6 guys.

Not a regular rotation, like "Krug plays tomorrow, sits Wednesday, Bart comes in Wednesday", but it's always good to have healthy competition. There will be a lot of that between the three of them, in games and practice.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I think they'll rotate the three of them, including letting Chara/Seids take off a game every now and again. Bart is 25, he's learned really everything he can in the AHL. He's been effective at the NHL level. Good to have 7 guys who are bona-fide top 6 guys.

Not a regular rotation, like "Krug plays tomorrow, sits Wednesday, Bart comes in Wednesday", but it's always good to have healthy competition. There will be a lot of that between the three of them, in games and practice.

Basically if Chara has played in 15 straight games and we're about to play Calgary, sit him. :laugh:

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
The guy impressed me. Made smart plays and had great wheels. He had some snarl too.

I'd probably suit him up over Suckchuk and Glidenberg. Not sure how everyone overvalues these guys. It's becoming harder by day to not voice my opinion on these two. Not trolling. Flame away if needed.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
The guy impressed me. Made smart plays and had great wheels. He had some snarl too.

I'd probably suit him up over Suckchuk and Glidenberg. Not sure how everyone overvalues these guys. It's becoming harder by day to not voice my opinion on these two. Not trolling. Flame away if needed.

Wow-Really

Boychuck and Seidenberg are both really good D-Men

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Urbom is on waivers too from New Jersey, anybody thinking of Miller probably looks at him first. I really expect Miller to clear, claims are quite rare. Didn't make sense to have 8 defensemen when the Bruins are going over the cap into the bonus cushion, can always be recalled if there's injuries.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Bobby Robins hasn't been waived yet since he's hurt and is starting on IR so does that mean he's counting against the Bruins' cap? I'm pretty sure he gets to draw his NHL salary which is good for him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Clearly Miller proved to be the better option by his standout play in the pre-season games.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Wow-Really

Boychuck and Seidenberg are both really good D-Men

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Boychuk especially has come a long way from the D-man prone to making the wrong decision at the wrong time. I think there are a ton of teams that would love to have him on their roster.

I think the team for now at least will rotate the young players in and out when healthy-but this is the NHL and there is no such thing as being injury free for a whole season-the kids will play.

I would like to see them rest Chara and Seids as needed and when the time is right.

nycbruins*

Boychuk was a beast in the playoffs & seids was their best dman in the 2011 & 2012 playoffs, IMO.

Ridiculous that everyone wants shiny new toys ahead of proven top 3 dmen on cup winning & contending teams.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Glad he cleared. Weird that they waited until yesterday to waive him. Why not do it at the same time as Johnson? Was their some cap advantage to (Savard's LTI) starting the season with Miller on the roster?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Caps claim Urbom...

Do you think they waited for the right moment when somebody a little better was also in waivers?

I don't think too many teams pick up players off the waiver wire this time of year-I think you see it more when injury becomes an issue during the season.

I think if a player is on IR their salary counts towards the cap-if they or LTIR it is available space to pay a replacement.

Maybe Robbins being on IR required another player to down for cap purposes.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
i think alex urbom is a better player with more upside, and he's also on waivers today (NJ).

I agree, also younger and more of the "McQuaid type" they seem to like. But is it fair to assume Chia could just pick a player off the waiver-wire when he just sent one down for cap-reasons? I honestly have no idea.

With that said..
Miller is a solid AHL defenseman and a couple of years older. If he stays with Providence he should be a big part of that D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad