Waived: League Wide Waiver Wire --> (update: Kevan Miller clears waivers)

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Today's waivers:
@LavoieRenaud:
Waivers:
Dziurzynski, Dave OTT
Hoffman, Mike OTT
Staubitz, Brad ANA
Nilstorp, Cristopher DAL
Gazdic, Luke DAL --6'5 -240pds
Morin, Travis DAL
Sceviour, Colton DAL
Gervais, Bruno PHI
Hall, Adam PHI
Strachan, Tyson WSH
Craig, Ryan CBJ
Skille, Jack CBJ
Goloubef, CodyCBJ
Smith, Jeremy CBJ
McKenna, Mike CBJ
Porter, Chris STL
Adam, Luke BUF

I would be very interested in picking up Gazdic as a 13/14th forward subbing in for Thornton or to help out Thornton in certain games. He can go with all the new Super heavies in the division and can play the game too.

That being said, I would be shocked to see Edmonton not take him as he is better (player) and younger than Steve Mac and is what they are looking for. Couldn't hurt that he scored 2 goals against them last night either. Like Peluso and McLaren last year, it looks like there is NHL level muscle on the waiver wire for the taking...

Last edited:

trudatman*

I didn't see anybody I'd want for the Bruins. if I was building a team I'd be interested in Luke Adam.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I'd like Gazdic too but where'd does that leave Johnson? Gazdic also isn't the super heavy answer to John Scott (there's nobody Gazdic could beat who Thornton couldn't), Gazdic is a Bollig level fighter (who he's fought twice to draws) and mostly squares off against dudes much smaller than himself in the AHL (at 6'4", 240 most guys are a lot me smaller than him though). I'd be interested because he can play a bit so he could replace Thronton down the line.

No roster space, no cap space like Dom said. Bruins aren't gonna be looking at waiver claims.

Last edited:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
oh, and I'd have scooped up Kampfer for any team.

Kampfer and Hunwick were both the flavour of the day just a couple of years ago, very much like Torey Krug.

All 3 are smallish, offensive defencemen from Michigan based schools, hopefully Krug has more staying power.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Nobody I would be interested in.

But this is why I wouldn't be too worried sending Caron through waivers-I am not sure anyone would claim him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Skille is a good player. I'm surprised to see him there. Actually surprised Tallon let him go... He's loved Skille forever.

Cap hell? He was on my trade deadline list last year with Iggy and Fleischmann.

One of those gritty depth guys that any team would be lucky to have.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here's the problem with putting in a claim.

Bruins are already at 25 players (have to count Savard until Monday when he goes on LTIR) and roster has to be down to 23 by 5 pm Monday.

Bruins would have to claim one of these players by 5 pm tomorrow. If they do, they'll be up to 26.

Bruins have to put any player on waivers by noon Sunday in order that they are claimed by 5 pm Monday to be down to the 23 maximum allowed.

How do you fit that in?

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I love Thornton and people might rip on me for this but Jack Skille would be awesome with Campbell and Paille. I think it would be a huge upgrade to the 4th line. Its too bad Skille can't fight.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Here's the problem with putting in a claim.

Bruins are already at 25 players (have to count Savard until Monday when he goes on LTIR) and roster has to be down to 23 by 5 pm Monday.

Bruins would have to claim one of these players by 5 pm tomorrow. If they do, they'll be up to 26.

Bruins have to put any player on waivers by noon Sunday in order that they are claimed by 5 pm Monday to be down to the 23 maximum allowed.

How do you fit that in?

I'm really happy with the depth we currently sport, so I see no need to participate in this anyway.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'll add a third voice for Luke Adam. Way better center prospect then Colborn.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
IMO, now is the time to place Caron and Johnson on waivers. The pickings are greater so we might not lose either.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
IMO, now is the time to place Caron and Johnson on waivers. The pickings are greater so we might not lose either.

I'd be inclined to send down Caron; I really like Nick Johnson on the 4th line over Thornton.
Although, just to totally contradict myself, I'd like to see them put a claim in for Luke Gazdic too. Big young kid that can fight, and Thornton is in his last year.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

Nick Johnson on waivers ?? Wow

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

Nick Johnson on waivers ?? Wow

Bruins should claim him ;)

It sucks but I think they're trying to sneak him through now and then try to bring him up if there are injuries or they need him in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->