Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
For the most part, yeah. Been queuing Fill lately and getting more bot than support with the odd jungle sprinkled in though.

Dnicks DMW - Summoner's Champion Information - League of Legends

I also have a tendency to get bored and play(and lose on) random stuff as you can see by my overall win rate compared to my top champs win rates haha.
Damn those are some pretty good support/Veigar winrates. Any tips on Thresh? He was my most played support because he's so fun, but I'm so bad at him...

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Damn those are some pretty good support/Veigar winrates. Any tips on Thresh? He was my most played support because he's so fun, but I'm so bad at him...

I don't think he's great on this patch, so I haven't played him much lately, but if you're lower elo like me, I'd say the main thing is winning lane by abusing the other team's ADC's greed.

I almost always get first blood off of the level 2 because no one respects it(or knows about it?) at this elo. Just be ready to step up and hook+flay or flay+hook right as you hit level 2. Ignite earlyish and pray you don't have a brain dead ADC who won't follow up haha. Keep looking for hooks as they step up for CS. In most cases, they'll walk right into hooks instead of just giving up CS.

Beyond that just get some good roams in and control vision. Look for picks with your hook, but makes sure you're defaulting to frontlining and peeling for your backline after a fight starts. Don't get too caught up trying to make plays on carries.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
I don't think he's great on this patch, so I haven't played him much lately, but if you're lower elo like me, I'd say the main thing is winning lane by abusing the other team's ADC's greed.

I almost always get first blood off of the level 2 because no one respects it(or knows about it?) at this elo. Just be ready to step up and hook+flay or flay+hook right as you hit level 2. Ignite earlyish and pray you don't have a brain dead ADC who won't follow up haha. Keep looking for hooks as they step up for CS. In most cases, they'll walk right into hooks instead of just giving up CS.

Beyond that just get some good roams in and control vision. Look for picks with your hook, but makes sure you're defaulting to frontlining and peeling for your backline after a fight starts. Don't get too caught up trying to make plays on carries.
Yeah don't worry I'm low plat so your advice definitely still applies lol

I've heard a lot about the level 2 spike but my lane either hits 2 later than our opponents (so we have to back off) or the other team just backs off immediately. I also can't tell when I'm supposed to roam, especially because every time I try to go roam my ADC just dies and afks lol. Definitely will try the rest of your points though!

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Yeah don't worry I'm low plat so your advice definitely still applies lol

I've heard a lot about the level 2 spike but my lane either hits 2 later than our opponents (so we have to back off) or the other team just backs off immediately. I also can't tell when I'm supposed to roam, especially because every time I try to go roam my ADC just dies and afks lol. Definitely will try the rest of your points though!

At low level, level 2 and 3 power spikes are often not respected at all leading to lots of pointless deaths due to greed over 2-3 cs.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This game is funny sometimes.

Lose an Ekko game where I do double anyone in the game's damage and then win a Caitlyn game where I went 0/5 and my only impact was basically controlling side waves and ulting someone in fights haha.

2-2 in my Gold promos now. Pray for me.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
If anybody around gold 5 elo wants to duo hmu, havent been playing tons lately so gunna play games on my smurf to get back into it

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ayy. Made it to Gold 5 on both accounts this week.

Took 50 games and a 60% win rate on mostly Ashe(with some Trist, Xayah and Cait sprinkled in) on my "smurf".

Lethal Tempo Bork Ashe is pretty fun and surprisingly strong, IMO.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I don't know what riot does with their updates but holy f*** if they could stop f***ing with my fps that would be great. Before this update I could run 140 fps on max settings, now I get 80 fps on lowest settings

Reactions: Mrb1p

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I wish there was an option to report while in champ select, tired of having to dodge 5-6 times a day just to get decent games

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm having one of those stretches where I wonder why I play this game.

Five losses in a row where the game was decided before 10 minutes.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm having one of those stretches where I wonder why I play this game.

Five losses in a row where the game was decided before 10 minutes.
That's just the meta. 90% of games are over by 8-12 minutes, but unless the losing team forfeits, you need to play another 8-20 minutes for the game to end.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Lol I went like 15-4 to go from plat 2 to diamond and yet I lose more lp than I gain, riot fix your game please

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Got to Gold promos twice. 2-2 each time. In my final game both times got hit with an AFK. Feels good.

I tilted pretty hard, not toxicity wise just decisions wise. I went from being an integral part of the wins to being the inter (not intentional). I was the guy who would die 2, 3, maybe 4 times that started dying 10, 11, 12 times. Dropped all the way to Silver 2.

On a positive note, I have 2 free wins when I get back to Gold Promos. On the negative, it seems so far away when I'm playing so awfully.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I still have PTSD from my previous Gold promos.

I was up 2-0 and had a 15k gold lead in the third game and lost. Lost two more and ended up dropping to s2 0lp haha.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Forgot how absolutely cancer d5 elo is, you either get Pejorative Slurs that int because they dont care or you get Pejorative Slurs that care too much and refuse to open when its 0-15 5 minutes in

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I still have PTSD from my previous Gold promos.

I was up 2-0 and had a 15k gold lead in the third game and lost. Lost two more and ended up dropping to s2 0lp haha.
I dropped back to S2 0 LP (S2, 83 LP currently) as well. I picked up a second job which starts in September so it doesn't look like I'll hit Gold. :(

EDIT: Won 3 games today, sitting @ Silver 1, 21 LP. So close to Gold, yet so far away, haha.

Been on a 7-game win streak with Xin Zhao (3 games) and tank Jarvan IV (4 games).

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Forgot how absolutely cancer d5 elo is, you either get ******s that int because they dont care or you get ******s that care too much and refuse to open when its 0-15 5 minutes in
I just want to hit Gold for the End of Season skin. I'm pretty sure the amount of tilt is the same at every division. You either win or lose the coin toss. So I'm not interested in climbing higher lol

Reactions: H3ckt1k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->