League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
lol the match was hype as **** because it was a game 5. If that had been a regular season game, it would have been an absolute clown fiesta. The first like 10 minutes of the baron dance, where Liquid had a plan and a purpose behind everything they were doing, was top level play, the following 15 minutes of the same baron dance was just an absolute mess

They didn't really have a win condition, they were getting outscaled and had to make a hail mary baron play...unfortunately it didn't work the 15 times they tried it lmao

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Amazes me that Huni still refuses to play a champion that builds a defensive item.

Why is he so stubborn.

Pick Trundle, win series. But Adrian can't play Trundle and Huni would never play such a champ, so you just lose to maokai

also lol at the fact Huni plays Ekko a lot when he isn't broken, but now he is broken as a tank, he refuses to play it

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Pick Trundle, win series. But Adrian can't play Trundle and Huni would never play such a champ, so you just lose to maokai

also lol at the fact Huni plays Ekko a lot when he isn't broken, but now he is broken as a tank, he refuses to play it

Trundle isn't played because you just build QSS to negate his ult.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Still can't believe in a year and a half of competitive play, Huni has still refused to play a tank. This is why I'll never consider him a great top laner because he simply can't adapt. When literally everyone around the world is playing Poppy/Ekko/Mao/Trundle and you refuse to, theres something wrong.

I feel like if he were to even pick Ekko in this meta he would still build him full AP :laugh:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Shen feels kind of secret OP right now.

I seem to be able to consistently pull off trades with two Grasp procs while taking almost zero damage in return.

Just went 17/4/14, but that's probably because the other team had an Ashe support haha.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Still can't believe in a year and a half of competitive play, Huni has still refused to play a tank. This is why I'll never consider him a great top laner because he simply can't adapt. When literally everyone around the world is playing Poppy/Ekko/Mao/Trundle and you refuse to, theres something wrong.

I feel like if he were to even pick Ekko in this meta he would still build him full AP :laugh:

People forget the terror that was Marin's Maokai in season five.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Sighhhhhh that series made me so sad. I really want to like huni but its **** like this that makes it hard to...darshan, the man that can apparently only split push managed to carry on tanks, yet huni can't play one? If he's too stubborn to then thats even worse because it means he'd rather play something he likes then give the team a better chance at winning.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Just lost a game where we had an 11k gold lead at 20 minutes.

I was playing Reksai and had my laners soooooo far ahead.

That has to be the hardest throw I've been a part of.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Sighhhhhh that series made me so sad. I really want to like huni but its **** like this that makes it hard to...darshan, the man that can apparently only split push managed to carry on tanks, yet huni can't play one? If he's too stubborn to then thats even worse because it means he'd rather play something he likes then give the team a better chance at winning.

That's always been the knock on Huni. There's a reason SKT passed him up in their rebuild pre season five. He's a very selfish player.

I mean, dude didn't even play Gnar, which is a bruiser semi-carry that at least brings some tank stats. He played ****ing Lucian top with teleport. Doublelift said it best: that's embarrassing.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
People said IMT was stoping scrims with those comps which is fine, go ahead and try it out but when it fails two times, I think its time to adapt... Thank God CLG didn't get caught up in the cheese trist pick after it failed.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Huni played Gnar for FNC once or twice, but that was in the Spring split I think, before he bought into his own hype

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
I wonder how much of Huni's prior success came from the meta suiting his playstyle/champion pool.

A part maybe, but I wouldn't think it's that big of a part. There's no denying he is one of best players in LCS when he gets his groove on, which is quite often.

Unfortunately he has a mighty grand tilt factor, and aforementioned flaws in character also.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Nah hes a good player when the meta fits him, which was basically the entire regular season.

He has played off-meta champions with success in the past quite a lot. They just never have been tanks. He wants to be a damage dealer.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I'm beginning to think that we can't call Huni a great player. He may be a fraud that can look good in 1 game series. Both NA and EU have terrible top laners making him look better, but remember the EU finals last split, Huni got destroyed by Soaz, and Soaz isn't all that great. Huni then got destroyed stupidly hard by Smeb at Worlds, and now he has been outplayed by ****ing Hauntzer. Maybe when he plays a best of 3/5 where he isn't carried by his team, we can have a good assessment of him

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I'm beginning to think that we can't call Huni a great player. He may be a fraud that can look good in 1 game series. Both NA and EU have terrible top laners making him look better, but remember the EU finals last split, Huni got destroyed by Soaz, and Soaz isn't all that great. Huni then got destroyed stupidly hard by Smeb at Worlds, and now he has been outplayed by ****ing Hauntzer. Maybe when he plays a best of 3/5 where he isn't carried by his team, we can have a good assessment of him

I'm no Huni fan by any stretch, but some of this is unfair. Soaz, at the time, may have been the best GP player in the world, and Fnatic continuslly gave it up. Smeb is a top three top, and flat out better - really nothing wrong with that. Crosby is better than Kopitar but that doesn't make Kopitar a ****** player. And this TSM series was a team wide fail.

Like Peasy said, when the meta fits Huni, he's a world class top. They tried to force these AD carry top picks that simply didn't work. If Huni can't or won't play Maokai/Naut/Poppy, and wants to deal some kind of damage, that's fine, but then he and the coaching staff needed to figure out a more appropriate bruiser style pick. Ekko tank, obviously. There's the Gnar pick. Maybe even Renekton as long as you're not laning into Poppy. And Trundle, of course, who can and will carry games building very little damage. Why any of these picks weren't explored is a coaching fail, I think, but maybe Huni was just immovable, in which case there are bigger issues in IMT right now.

You just can't let your team believe that playing an ADC into Maokai is a good pick. I got whooped by a Graves in lane the other day as Mao, and all I had to do was farm what I could, beef up, and make a Tp play bot. At 25 minutes, I was 1v1ing Graves despite losing lane BAD. Mao is just a stupidly OP pick right now and outscales pretty much everyone. IMT should have been more prepared for this.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
True on Soaz, but in that same series, Huni played Gangplank and Soaz still destroyed him on the other side of the matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->