Post-Game Talk: Leafs winn 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
No one said we did. But when there’s a total team effort there’s no need to **** on that. Enjoy what is. Hopefully that’s something to build off of
The win is great just not fantastic. And losing are not fun, but not the end of the world. The highs are to high and the lows to low. Thats all.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
And that Bergeron doesn't win his matchup by a ridiculously big margin. That's why I broached the idea of playing Kadri against him a few months ago, I don't see it happening now though as he seems a bit off and it's unclear who his linemates would be in this scenario. I floated the idea of trying Kadri with Hyman and Kapanen the last time we played them, if I was the coach I think I would have tried that. That challenge might be just what's needed to get Kadri to play the way he can and if that line did a good job, it would free up our big guns to inflict damage elsewhere.

As if Babcock would ever drop Hyman from the top 6.:laugh::laugh: I still think it was an idea well worth trying though.
I wanted a line of Marleau-Kadri-Hyman for a while but the way Marleau has been playing he needs to be bumped down to the 4th line or rested for the POs

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Moore-Kadri-Kapanen
Marleau-GOAT-Ennis

Reactions: saffronleaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
When that defender pinched Kaps head against the boards, I was sure Kappy was gonna go primal on him. Kap is as strong as an Ox, not a guy I would want to make an enemy.
Kapanen may well turn into Komarov II. He's not as much of a pest or as good defensively yet, but those may come, and he is already faster and with a better shot.

Now if he can get Kadri back to the form he had when playing with Leo, that would be a huge help.

Every time I watch him play, a bit more of the Kessel nightmare fades away.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Willie should be a point per game player to earn his contract, particularly playing with Matthews. Every play doesn't equate to a "bargain" discussion, in fact it merely means "earning his keep". Why exaggerate, he's getting a big ticket, he's supposed to produce, when he does no need to over hype it. Every single time Willie gets a point there is a barrage of bargain posts, maybe it counters the hatefest, but it's just as irrelevant to reality. People way too polarized it seems. He has 6 assists his last 7 games, playing with a man possessed, fine.

Worth noting that the "man possessed" was not possessed for much of the season...

Funny how Nylander haters have free reign to shit on him but when he does ok people are told to shut up. Convenient.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Worth noting that the "man possessed" was not possessed for much of the season...

Funny how Nylander haters have free reign to **** on him but when he does ok people are told to shut up. Convenient.
I feel my point stands, haters and pumpers equally irrelevant to a fair read. Thats why his contract discussion on here is largely meaningless now, and I defer to sentiment around the league to see how it's viewed. This place lacks context a lot of times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->