Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win in Regulation; 2nd in Atlantic. Rask shedding tears

Cotton

May 13, 2013
As a Bruins Mod I want to thank the 99%+ of Leafs fans at HF who did not try to troll the Bruins PGT

MAPLE LEAF FANS - GO BACK TO TORONTO

QEW-sign.jpg

You can take the same route back to Boston.:naughty:

Reactions: King Clancy

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
What a difference a few years make. In the past the the Leaf would play a good game and lose. Now they play average and win. I guess the new average is pretty good.
Still say the Leafs have a way to go to beat Boston and Tampa Bay in a playoff series. Not this year IMO.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Thing about their tough schedule, if they get into a bit of a rut, one bad week, we are right back in it.
Meanwhile the Leafs tough schedule just keeps chugging along. Keep hearing about this Bruins tough schedule but Leafs are still in the midst of the 7 games in 11 night stretch with a 4 game road trip coming up. Bet the Bruins haven't had a stretch like that all season

Reactions: DarkKnight

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thing about their tough schedule, if they get into a bit of a rut, one bad week, we are right back in it.

In terms of quality of competition their next couple of weeks is fairly light. But it is a lot of games, and in the second half of March they have a 5 game road trip in: St Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, and Winnipeg. They also play Tampa before that road trip and right after.

So maybe they get a little tired in the second half of March and stumble for a week or two.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
In terms of quality of competition their next couple of weeks is fairly light. But it is a lot of games, and in the second half of March they have a 5 game road trip in: St Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, and Winnipeg. They also play Tampa before that road trip and right after.

So maybe they get a little tired in the second half of March and stumble for a week or two.
I'm just happy we have a target to keep us somewhat hungry down the stretch.

Reactions: Erdinger

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Great game by the Leafs last night. I heard they were so dominate in the 2nd that Freddie had enough time to sit back and play a round of Fortnite on the big screen at the ACC :laugh:.
6PLb8UZ.jpg

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Meanwhile the Leafs tough schedule just keeps chugging along. Keep hearing about this Bruins tough schedule but Leafs are still in the midst of the 7 games in 11 night stretch with a 4 game road trip coming up. Bet the Bruins haven't had a stretch like that all season

Yeah, Tampa and then Florida on a back to back on the road .. Washington on Saturday. But they've had stretches like this already, hopefully they keep rolling.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't fear Boston at all, that one game was just that, one game. And, as stated, the Leafs would learn and respond. Bottomline, is we've beat this team 3 out of 4, because we are too be feared. Going to be an awesome series.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I still can't believe a review for goaltender interference went our way!! It was the right call, the Bruins defender initiated the whole contact sequence, glad we won that.

I thought we got a little lucky on that call. What I saw was Hyman tackling McAvoy which impeded Rask in getting over to other side of the net.

Oh well, we got a break last night and the W. It happens.

Reactions: Macallan18

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Who’s up next? Tampa/Florida? Shorty get low low low low low low low. Sorry bad joke.

Bergeron out, Nash just acquired by Boston ... potentially could ruin their mojo, but maybe strengthen another line. The eastern race is far from over folks. Wild March up ahead.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It's when your body burns fat and not the sugars that are stored in your muscles. So a person eats fatty **** and no carbs. I really don't understand what the expert means by eating veggies because that won't cause you to go into ketosis. Hey but I'm no expert although I did stay in a Holiday inn last night.

Keep in mind you will get fat if you eat a lot of fatty stuff the idea is the fatty stuff will satisfy you hunger and you will eat less.

You're correct. I tried Atkins about 10 years ago (it was pretty cool and definitely works but you get tired of eating the same stuff over and over) and veggies were a no-no for the first couple of months and had to be very limited after that so it's weird that he specifically said Kadri was eating his veggies. Lots of carbs in vegetables.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I don't fear Boston at all, that one game was just that, one game. And, as stated, the Leafs would learn and respond. Bottomline, is we've beat this team 3 out of 4, because we are too be feared. Going to be an awesome series.

Well said. Wish the gloom and doom fans here can start looking on the brighter side or start taking clonazepam to stop panicing when the leafs play 4 games in 5 days and dont play as well :laugh:

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010

Agreed. IMO TBay is the best team and the one to be feared. Boston got incredibly hot and they're already cooling down a bit. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team and the top team's have a lot of parity. I'm in no way saying they aren't dangerous in the playoffs, but IMO Toronto is just as dangerous as Boston.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Agreed. IMO TBay is the best team and the one to be feared. Boston got incredibly hot and they're already cooling down a bit. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team and the top team's have a lot of parity. I'm in no way saying they aren't dangerous in the playoffs, but IMO Toronto is just as dangerous as Boston.
I always try to think how opposing fans would view facing us. We look like a handful!

Reactions: Gary Nylund

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not sure what I enjoyed more... Kappy breaking Carlo's ankles, or Kappy blowing making Chara look like a slug off of the defensive zone face-off

Speed kills. Just needs a little more confidence in his scoring, and he'll be set.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not sure what I enjoyed more... Kappy breaking Carlo's ankles, or Kappy blowing making Chara look like a slug off of the defensive zone face-off

Speed kills. Just needs a little more confidence in his scoring, and he'll be set.
Carlo for sure. Everyone beats Chara from a standstill.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs beat Bruins for the 3rd time this year on Saturday followed by .....

Rangers reach trade sending six-time All-Star Rick Nash to Bruins

The New York Rangers have traded six-time All-Star forward Rick Nash to the Boston Bruins, the Rangers announced Sunday.
The Rangers will receive forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, prospect defenseman Ryan Lindgren, the Bruins' 2018 first-round draft pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick.
New York will retain 50 percent of Nash's remaining salary for this season, according to TSN.

Looks like the Bruins need help beating the Leafs. :)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You're correct. I tried Atkins about 10 years ago (it was pretty cool and definitely works but you get tired of eating the same stuff over and over) and veggies were a no-no for the first couple of months and had to be very limited after that so it's weird that he specifically said Kadri was eating his veggies. Lots of carbs in vegetables.

Had relative did the Atkins worked really well and then he put it all back on.

The science of food isn't complete and it really perhaps only being understood today and fat is apparently not the problem, it is sugar. Sugar institute buried research they carried out decades ago. But that's another topic for another day.

Okay, so looks like the center position is a lot clearer (yes only 1 game) but Nylander was a center before Babcock put him on wing. Babcock however, I think has been transitioning him to center while he's been playing him with Matthews. Really more looks like the go wing to center depending on what side of ice the puck is on.

Matthews
Nylander
Kadri
guest center

Nice to see the powerplay working.

Kadri's line need a better winger than Komarov if it is going to be the shutdown line.

Leafs 6th. in the league points per game. :thumbu:

They need to work on clearing the zone though, just too many turnovers at the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->