Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo... No seriously.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so the sabres arent actually 2 years ahead of our rebuild?

the correct answer is 5 years behind

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Tavares is 1st option i believe and would be a game changer for sure... Make us automatic contenders amd easier to sign ufas so if he came i think next year we could send gardiner and zaitsev packing for doughty but...

I would def target trouba 100%. Hes perfect partner for rielly for a amazing top pair for 10 years. Hopefully laine tales a huge deal and other young guys they will need to sign can make it very hard for them to resign trouba? Offer sheet Lou

A rielly trouba with dermott establiahing lilegren on the way...gardiner and zaitsev are even expendable maybe who knows

leafs would have to offer 7.9 (1st,1st,2nd,3rd) mil for the jets to even consider not matching. they have 20mil cap space with only trouba and hellybuyck as big names to resign.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
That was quite the fight, thought Martin gave a couple good punches too. Beaulieu got the punch that connected the most though that's for sure.

One fighter hits a visor the other does not, the fight would have not gone past the first punches Martin Landed if not for the visor...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
9 points in 11 games to hit 100, I think they easily hit that mark. The Leafs have only been over 100 points one time, way back in 03/04 with 103. It really is amazing how bad we've been since the 60's.

Over 100 once, but 3 seasons >= 100 points, all within a 5 year span. Amounted to nothing.

They actually had a pretty good team late 70's that Imlach destroyed, but really didn't matter during the Canadien's dynasty.

So what is it 25 years since the Canadiens won?

Reactions: therealkoho

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Over 100 once, but 3 seasons >= 100 points, all within a 5 year span. Amounted to nothing.

They actually had a pretty good team late 70's that Imlach destroyed, but really didn't matter during the Canadien's dynasty.

Yep. Funny can't recall what year it was, I think 2007ish but I remember hearing how a Canadian team hasn't won a cup in 13 year and I found that hard to believe at the time. Fast forward to today, it's now been 25? Wow, someone has to end that drought, preferably a team in blue and white with a maple leaf logo ha.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yep. Funny can't recall what year it was, I think 2007ish but I remember hearing how a Canadian team hasn't won a cup in 13 year and I found that hard to believe at the time. Fast forward to today, it's now been 25? Wow, someone has to end that drought, preferably a team in blue and white with a maple leaf logo ha.

Good players and management follow the flow of money. Canadian teams have always had terrible owners and on top of that, we get second rate upper level managers. The smartest Canadians chase the money and flow to lower tax places or places with more earning potential/exposure etc.

There is no mystery to this. If you want to have a successful Canadian team, be prepared to spend twice or more for everything vs our American counterparts. (And believe me we are and then some).

Imagine you're a smart GM. You know you're smart but young and have a bright future, do you take option A) Cut your teeth in Edmonton or B) Anaheim?? The correct answer is essentially always go State side because you are more likely to get hired by another American team having worked in the US and there are way more US teams. Basically you come to Canada to die and if you're really good you get poached by an American team, so.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Its amazing that Leafs backup goalie >> Some teams starting goalies like Buffalo and Dallas based on the soft goals they surrender.

McBackup is making the tough saves when he has to, and outplaying other teams starters in the process.

We could not buy a win with our backups last year until we picked up McBacup off waivers and got some wins last year. It’s safe to say that if not for him we would not get into P.O. last year given very tight race to the end.

This year we are safely in P.O. position because he got us 9-4-1 record, mostly playing in front of tired team on back-to-backs and going in for Freddy cold, etc. Otherwise we are right in the middle of dog fight for wc spot with 4 teams on our backs.

I woould imagine it’s quite hard to keep yourself in top form only getting occasional starts in best league in the world. It’s just remarkable.

Reactions: Tak7 and SAMCRO44

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Don't know if this was mentioned, but there was a time when our good clubs would lose a game like this as we approached the playoffs.

I think it shows a definite difference in the kind of focus Babcock has brought to this team.

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Great win by the boys on a back to back in Buffalo!

It is time this team starts reversing the failures of the past and charges towards success in the future.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

yeppers 25

now anytime any of those sniveling scabs fans say 24, just laugh and say 25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->