Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo... No seriously.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya, he was a great pick by Hunter.

He is the perfect type of partner for a guy like Liljegren when he is ready. They looked really good together with the Marlies this year before Dermott came up.

I look at our defense and I am not sure if we should trade for that top pairing guy. When you look at it, Dermott is tracking to at minimum be a solid #3 and I think more likely at this point top pairing guy. We have Rielly long term, Zaitsev in reality is better than he is showing this year and likely is a #4 or #5 guy for us. Then you have Liljegren coming through the ranks. Perhaps rather than trade and give up assets we be patient one more year with what we have and take a run at one of the UFA's in 2019 if we feel we need to at that point.

Tavares is 1st option i believe and would be a game changer for sure... Make us automatic contenders amd easier to sign ufas so if he came i think next year we could send gardiner and zaitsev packing for doughty but...

I would def target trouba 100%. Hes perfect partner for rielly for a amazing top pair for 10 years. Hopefully laine tales a huge deal and other young guys they will need to sign can make it very hard for them to resign trouba? Offer sheet Lou

A rielly trouba with dermott establiahing lilegren on the way...gardiner and zaitsev are even expendable maybe who knows

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
Turtle Hab TPlex

Hum Still waiting ..............

Wait until he gets a practice under his belt !!
Wait until he gets into a couple of games !!
Wait till he gets acquainted with the system !!
Wait till he gets used to his line mates and team !!
Wait till after the long break so he settles in !!
Wait
Wait wait
Wait ......

Still waiting

We will win in-spite of him !!

F€£¥k x Habs

Meh player with them
Awful with us

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it !!
Gooooo LEAFS Goooooo!!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Turtle Hab TPlex

Wait
Wait wait
Wait ......

Still waiting

F€£¥k x Habs

Meh player with them
Awful with us

Sorry
Gooooo LEAFS Goooooo!!
Wait until he plays his old team

Reactions: IamruKusleaf

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Buffalo is a horrible team and worse without their best player. That team is disorganized and they don't look like they are going to improve anytime soon. I use to admire their fight and how they get up for Leafs games. Now they just expect to lose to us.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Turtle Hab TPlex

Wait
Wait wait
Wait ......

Still waiting

F€£¥k x Habs

Meh player with them
Awful with us

Sorry
Gooooo LEAFS Goooooo!!

I really hope he is on a diff level come playoffs.

Especially making Marchand draw penalties as if he called out the refs publicly :sarcasm:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
i'm scared management will Polak him and reward him for his loyalty and make up for his getting hurt by bringing him back
I'm pretty sure that was on the table already. Similar to Polak, I expect him back in a slightly reduced role from the previous year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm pretty sure that was on the table already. Similar to Polak, I expect him back in a slightly reduced role from the previous year.

Same here. So long as the plan is for him to be on the fourth line I'm okay with it (I'd be more confident in this if they moved Martin). Above all else Leo is a great PKer and knows the PK system the Leafs like to employ.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Same here. So long as the plan is for him to be on the fourth line I'm okay with it (I'd be more confident in this if they moved Martin). Above all else Leo is a great PKer and knows the PK system the Leafs like to employ.
I think Martin's in a lot of trouble. He's a tough guy who doesn't intimidate anyone and can't keep up with the speed this team needs to play with.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah, I could see a deal with a paycut. Whether the player is open to that is another matter.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah, I could see a deal with a paycut. Whether the player is open to that is another matter.
I can't see a team giving him a raise at this point in his career. The deal was a stretch when it was signed.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Good: McElhinney (great battling goalie - so fun to watch) and JVR (good to see him get his scoring touch at this time of year).

The Bad: Kadri (taking costly penalties)

The Ugly: Buffalo, Carrick (my least favourite Leaf these days. I am nervous if Babs plays him in the playoffs. Even more so if he is matched up with Gardiner), and Plekanec (needs to show more life).

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Polak had a great game, that in tight play on the blueline was a thing of beauty, he was strong in all 3 zones and is skating like he did when he was 25 didn't like the penalty a whole lot but that Sabre went down easier then a 5 dollar hooker hard for a fix, same as the call on Marner holy fricken borderline Batman

if Gardiner could bring that game 8 out of 10 times then that's the Jake Gardiner I'd sign for 8 years, he used his skates, he used his body, he was pretty solid positionally in his own end(finally) and he left his brain out of the game for 99% of his ice time...don't think Jake just play

Pleks or Moore....meh

Zach was a one man wreaking crew, maybe his best game as a Leaf

Naz needs to get his emotions under control, or maybe just pick his spots a little wiser, I'm sure Babs is going to have a short sharp chat with him

Nylander is flying, can't wait for him to get back on his wing

Tyler had a strong game at both ends, it's going to be hard not to at least offer him at least a 3 year deal to stay until we can get the C position under control

van Scoresdyk, just stay hot baby to wherever and whenever the season leads and ends, keep building dollars into that contract, we might get something for his rights after all:nod:

Martin should have saved that for Ristolainen it was wasted on Beaulieu

Leo should be OK and don't be surprised to see Matty and Andy on Saturday

good times in Leafs Nation, LeafFland is still obviously neurotic

Reactions: Liminality

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its amazing that Leafs backup goalie >> Some teams starting goalies like Buffalo and Dallas based on the soft goals they surrender.

McBackup is making the tough saves when he has to, and outplaying other teams starters in the process.

Reactions: Keon1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad