Post-Game Talk: Leafs win big 6-2

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Great win for the Leafs. Big night for Ennis, Hyman and Marner.

MOD EDIT

****THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT CONTRACTS. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TALK ABOUT THEM*****
Yes, it was
I was at the game and was able to see a different perspective sitting quite high up ( although I’ll have to find the highlights to really see the scoring)
What I saw was an overall masterful defensive effort by the Leafs, I can’t count the number of times Calgary forays in our zone were broken up just inside our blue line. Even when we were up 4-1 you could sense there was no real comeback threat from the Flames, a very good hockey team.
We really get no respect for our defense; sure Freddy helps but kudos to the coaching here. And some respect maybe? I believe we are about the 7th best defense from a GA perspective?
I have a renewed respect for this team in the playoffs

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i dont know if this was said yet, reason the panel was short handed last night was odog choked on a steak sandwich and needed to get heimliched hahaha

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Andersen should have started against NYI. Babcock owed this to Tavares imo.
I think he knew they were going to stink out the joint, and Andersen wasn't going to rescue it. Sparks as the sacrificial lamb and easy excuse for people who didn't really watch the game.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not a great game. Lots of weird goals, and Andersen being Andersen (with a little extra luck). Kudos to Ennis, Hyman, and Marner - easily the best Leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think he knew they were going to stink out the joint, and Andersen wasn't going to rescue it. Sparks as the sacrificial lamb and easy excuse for people who didn't really watch the game.
yep, he stunk the joint out with the rest of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->