Post-Game Talk: Leafs win a Barn Burner complete the COMEBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The future Leafs d-core will almost entirely depend on the development of Dermott, Sandin, and Lily .. They have other intriguing names but those are the 3 big ones that they're counting on becoming solid top 4 contributors.

All three are tracking quite well in their development so I do not believe the Leafs need to make any rash moves that would harm them cap-wise and block those guys from getting chances in the NHL. Trades are still possible but also very hard to predict.

The only money I'd look to heavily invest in at this point would be an extension of Muzzin. I would also try to lock Dermott up for the long term at a bargain value this off-season as well, but that is probably less likely to happen.

They need to start by unloading Zaitsev before July 1st. They then need to have Dermott in the top 4 next season (IMO) and find a stop gap top 4 d-man in the interim for 1-2 years to see how Sandin/Lily develop.
They are tracking well but it’s still a far cry from top 4 D.
Could still take 3 + years to put it together as well as learn and endure an 82 game season.
Dermott is still trying to get through his first full season (bottom pair) but got hurt.

Unloading Zaitsev hurts as well without a stable RHD in the fold.

You can’t lose Gardiner/Hainsey and deal Zaitsev. We’d be in deep.

We need a legit 3 very good experienced D.
Rielly - Muzzin - + RHD upgrade on Zaitsev.

The kids Dermott/Sandin/Lily need protection. Moreso on D than forward. You can get exposed quickly.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
But is he a top 4 defenceman? That would be a bargain.

Cant br paying 5-6 def those $$$ in cap era
in my opinion, whatever that's worth, yes he is people who believe(not saying you) he can't play are delusional, but those are the same people who believe they'd be a better NHL coach...so there's that

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
a lesser leafs team came this close to upsetting the bruins last year with Freddy stinking up the joint.

That may be so but nothing changes the fact that if Freddie is outplayed again in his 3rd straight playoff series we are very likely going to lose again.

All the other conversations are sideshows to Andersen vs. Rask.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. Fun game to be at last night. Leafs fans were helping with cheers. Great to see us cheer the boys on. Rather than boo.

Freddy looks like he needs a week in Cuba to relax. He seems tired. Not moving well in net. Looks slow to react. Would be great to see Sparky for a weeks straight.

Marleau needs to go with him. He seems tired too. We need both guys ready for a fight in game 1.

Our d core is beaten down too. Thank god for Muzzy. He came to play last night. Sometimes guys who have won Cups can lead teams when they need a boost the most. Great pick up. Rielly looks tired. I fear we are wearing down Hainsey too. We need Dermott back quick. It would help if we had another NHL quality d man to help out now. Go Leafs Go!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
heh you are adorbs.

"nobody can play 2-3 minute shifts you
dummy!"

"but hainsey playing a 2-3 minute shift is exactly what I'm talking about"

"lol u r joke!!"

DUMB post again. Absolutely PATHETIC; use context

Hainsey Leads the league in +/-; so if he is out there protecting the lead that is justified;

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ype=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=plusMinus

as for hainsey playing 2 to 3 mins straight; that is an outright lie; your posts are so f***ing DUMB; absolutely zero IQ

also philly had used their time out so it isn't like hainsey was on the ice 3 mins straight

also this game was a game before back to back

2w7hzh.jpg

this incesent crying like a 4 year old about hainsey every f***ing time is worst than a nagging child.

know what hockey is about, use context, ofcourse the prior two things aren't your thing so nevermind; your whining is starting to get annoying

Reactions: Loosie

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Hainsey Leads the league in +/-; so if he is out there protecting the lead that is justified;

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ype=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=plusMinus

as for hainsey playing 2 to 3 mins straight; that is an outright lie; your posts are so ****ing DUMB; absolutely zero IQ

also philly had used their time out so it isn't like hainsey was on the ice 3 mins straight

2w7hzh.jpg

this incesent crying like a 4 year old about hainsey every ****ing time is worst than a nagging child.

know what hockey is about, use context, ofcourse the prior two things aren't your thing so nevermind; your whining is starting to get annoying
self awareness: low

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

as for hainsey playing 2 to 3 mins straight; that is an outright lie; your posts are so ****ing DUMB; absolutely zero IQ

2w7hzh.jpg

this incesent crying like a 4 year old about hainsey every ****ing time is worst than a nagging child.

Hainsey is the least of our worries. I trust him out there to protect a lead, his birth certificate is irrelevant. We're also down to 4 D we can trust, and Muzzin has been very uneven defensively so far.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
self awareness: low

right.... I don't put a lot of stock into the opinions of corsi fanboys who do not know how to use "context" or are not aware of the huge "limitations" of the so call "enhanced stats" and try to post a false narrative all the time

self infatuation of their own fake brilliance is absolutely LOL worthy

so yeah.. LOL

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hainsey is the least of our worries. I trust him out there to protect a lead, his birth certificate is irrelevant. We're also down to 4 D we can trust, and Muzzin has been very uneven defensively so far.

it is also a back to back. rielly had played 26 mins upto then and muzzin was used significantly when we got the lead; there is absolutely no sense in overplaying the d-men with the first game of the back to back after them having already played huge mins and a 2 goal lead with 2 mins to go.

JVR tipped the puck; its not like muzzin or rielly would have stopped the tip for their 6th goal.

common sense and logic goes out of the window for these moronic posts. i should just ignore them

Reactions: DarkKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->