Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-6 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Our backup goalie and defensive concerns are legit, but that was so fun. Having an offence as potent as this makes the other issues easier to deal with (for now) if we’re still having these games after Christmas it will be concerning.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Sparks was great. First two goals he had no chance. Third goal stunk but backups do that; see McBackup in his first hurricane game. First Kane goal he maybe could have stopped but that is a HOF player that will score ppg this year. Second Kane goal was a nasty deflection, no chance

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
That sucks for you. I most definitely feel like we won. Since we did get the win, you know.

But then again, I don't go out of my way to find a reason to be miserable over my hockey team.

Just being a realist dude, I’m sorry if my facts shake the rainbow and fairtail land you’re living in. Backup goaltending not good enough, defence not good enough.

My eyes are on the bigger picture, a championship. Keep that in mind, so enjoy a early regular season win over the Blackhawks.

I made a legitimate point, don’t attempt to s**t all over it because it doesn’t make you feel good.

Reactions: KyleSeaBass

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Another meh game. Sparks was horrible and looks like an AHL goalie. Babcock continues to make questionable decisions. Matthews and Tavares were incredible and carried us to the W. It’s still early in the season but if this keeps up I don’t see how we can go deep in the playoffs. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. Relying on a ton of goals and your goalie (Andersen) standing on his head won’t get your far.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Biggest surprise for me was the Auston showboating...hope he learned a lesson when Kaner scored right away! Don't jinx your team like that....and it's not cool,in my books!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Nope. Give him his 20 or so games. He deserves a fair shot to prove himself after last season and I don't care how bad it gets give him his 20 maybe he'll find his groove.
We may miss the playoffs after those 20 games. I don't give a shit if he's "earned a chance" I want the best team possible and our backup position just got significantly worse.

OpenNetSniper

Mar 27, 2013
Leafs team defense is terrible. It's like they have a welcome committee every time the opposition enters their zone.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
People blaming Sparks have no clue. He had no chance on at least 3 of those goals.

Blame Babcock for Zaitsev and Hainsey being out there for both of Kane’s goals. Does he like pain?

Where was Rielly?

Only in Toronto is your best defenseman on the bench when you are trying to close out a game.

All our D made critical mistakes tonight just that some made more than others. Marcini actually played OK.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
2 games in a row where the Leafs can't get a save. I thought Sparks was at least decent until the last couple goals... they were awful, probably on par with Andersen's performance last night.

Kapanen was fantastic tonight. A massive upgrade over Ennis... like massive.

The last goal was going wide and deflected in Hainsey's stick.

Sparks let in 1 bad goal - people are overstating things here.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Another meh game. Sparks was horrible and looks like an AHL goalie. Babcock continues to make questionable decisions. Matthews and Tavares were incredible and carried us to the W. It’s still early in the year but if this keeps up I don’t see how we can go deep in the playoffs. The system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Honestly Babs played Kap with Auston and Marleau, that's more than I can ask of him, if he brings up Johnsson with Naz and demotes one of Leivo or Brown, he's doing very well in my books.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Not putting much of those goals on Sparks, I don't think he did great, but I think he did what he needed to do and normally he has 3 goals less against.

Zaitsev was horrible on that one Kane goal and then Hainsey tipped in the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->