Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-6 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
- Matthews is a MONSTER
- Sparks is absolute garbage
- Third line is disastrous. Kadri needs better linemates.
- Zaitsev was awesome in the preseason and has been great so far this season

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
2 games in a row where the Leafs can't get a save. I thought Sparks was at least decent until the last couple goals... they were awful, probably on par with Andersen's performance last night.

Kapanen was fantastic tonight. A massive upgrade over Ennis... like massive.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
McDavid is the best player in the world but after him theres not a single player I'd choose moving forward over Matthews. Now that he's fully healthy and stronger he's a total machine.
This was prolly Kapanen's best game as a Leaf and he should be given a nice run alongside Matthews.
Sparks was trash and as a Dubas fan I think he might have really dropped the ball hard on this move.
Tavares with the monster game and it feels amazing to have a 1-2 punch that not many teams can keep down.
Very exciting game but we really need to either find a way to tighen up defensively or a move has to happen because you cant waste this type of offense with that blueline.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Toronto needs to learn to pressure the opposing players on the blue line or fringe. They are **** at it and don't seem capable of executing a proper collapse.

This. We shouldn't be f***ing collapsing when they have the goalie pulled. Pressure them. There were a few times where the Blackhawks player was on his backhand but no leaf in sight

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
minor midget goaltending was far more superior then both the performance sparks and ward put up tonight.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A win but so disappointed

So what we are going to do about our backup situation as Sparks is not going to work out

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
A good backup goalie is someone who wins games!

Someone said that as their argument for McBackup in the preseason. Wonder if they still believe that after this travesty.

Reactions: leburn98

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Kadri and Sparks need to redeem themselves after tonight.

Kadri needs to do nothing of the sort.

He has been a heart player for this team for a couple years now. 2 x 30+ goals seasons and drawing matchups against some of the best opponents. People have bad games and his was just highlighted because of his terrible linemates.

Sparks can be waived at any point now and ill be happy.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I cannot blame Babcock for his tactical choices in how his teams handle 6-on-5's against because Sparks is garbage? Care to explain that?

Seriously. What was up with the passive collapse in front of Sparks?

Hainsey and Zaitsev shouldn’t be out there. It should be Rielly and Gardiner or Rielly and Zaitsev.

Reactions: stickty111

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Please everyone stop claiming Dubas to be some amazing GM, he made a terrible decision to get rid of McElhinney.

Don Cherry said it last night, we are going to regret it, who knew it was going to be this early.

Doesn’t even feel like we won when you surrender 6 goals.
That sucks for you. I most definitely feel like we won. Since we did get the win, you know.

But then again, I don't go out of my way to find a reason to be miserable over my hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad