Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 6-2

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Oh so by keeping Martin we would have only won 5-2? ... Gotcha
I'm all for having a tough guy out there who can patrol the game but the way our team is setup right now, every guy down to the 12th forward has a role outside of showing their faces 5 v 5. As nice as it was to have Martin on the team, he didn't fight much and he offered absolutely nothing to the team outside his intimidation factor.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Zero points for Marner. Wonder if he’s still best player on the team and if he’s still worth $10 Mill.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Leivo was awesome tonight but the question is will it enough? once Nylander signs I'm not sure where Leivo fits
If I'm Josh Leivo and I lose a spot on the roster to Tyler Ennis I think I'd be asking for a trade at that point. It would be pretty obvious there's nothing he can do to make this team.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
upload_2018-9-28_22-20-33.png

this is how it looked at 5v5 anyway, for anyone who wants to say the Leafs only looked good because of special teams

Reactions: Max Money

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Great seeing Matthews healthy..
His speed,stickhandling, and especially his shot are back.
Last year after the first injury he was never the same..his shot went from incredible to just very good..
It's a relief.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Ray Ferraro is why nobody likes Leafs fans. He just gave a year's worth of ammunition the the Anti-Leaf crowd.

Well, what I really like about Ferraro is that he is never biased towards a team, always try to keep things balanced and highlights the negatives just as much as the positives about a team. What he said about the Leafs tonight was just an honest opinion of one of the best hockey experts today. It must be hard to accept it if you are a fan of another team.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I honestly don’t know what they do now. Leivo looked really good, used his size. Even Brown had a jump to his step. Johnsson has been the most underwhelming player on the team.

Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Lindholm - Ennis

I don’t know what Babs is thinking.

Reactions: frizzer1

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Auston Matthews moves around the ice and handles the puck with the kind of ease you see with Lebron James. A guy of his size shouldn't be moving around like that. It's insane to think what this guy will be doing at 24-25.

Reactions: weems

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
First game I missed this preseason.

Wife's bday dinner we went out. So I come home thinking ok I can watch GameCentre and see the game on delay. Nope. Says it's blacked out in my region (Ottawa). Only time that happens is if it's on cable TV here. So I go check ... nope...only on TSN4 and that says game is blacked out in my region.

So let me get this straight. I pay $179 for the season to watch the games I can't watch on TV...and tonight I can't watch on TV in my region and GameCentre says sorry blacked out too.

So what exactly am i paying for again?

I take it this was a good game for some bubble players? Leivo looked good and Ozi was solid too? Really happy for Josh!

Come to the dark side; stop paying for it like I did; and just stream the games

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
First game I missed this preseason.

Wife's bday dinner we went out. So I come home thinking ok I can watch GameCentre and see the game on delay. Nope. Says it's blacked out in my region (Ottawa). Only time that happens is if it's on cable TV here. So I go check ... nope...only on TSN4 and that says game is blacked out in my region.

So let me get this straight. I pay $179 for the season to watch the games I can't watch on TV...and tonight I can't watch on TV in my region and GameCentre says sorry blacked out too.

So what exactly am i paying for again?

I take it this was a good game for some bubble players? Leivo looked good and Ozi was solid too? Really happy for Josh!

Assuming you subscribe to TSN (and Sportsnet and whatever):
- Make an account at watchtvanywhere.ca
- Go to TSN from their portal on your computer or phone. You may be directed to their mobile app if using phone, avoid this by requesting the desktop site.
- Log in using the credentials you created at watchtvanywhere (same credentials work for any TV service you subscribe to that has a "go" app, which is pretty much everything good).
- If still blacked out, you might need to access it through a VPN. Sucks but at least it's an option. I'm headed to Houston next month and I've got a VPN setup at home ready to go if I have any trouble logging in from there.

Mods: there is nothing illegal described above, this is a legitimate service.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Love the offense, but I was even more pleased with our defensive effort tonight.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
If I'm Josh Leivo and I lose a spot on the roster to Tyler Ennis I think I'd be asking for a trade at that point. It would be pretty obvious there's nothing he can do to make this team.

If Leivo could hit the net on 20% of his chances he would be a lock, the guy somehow manages to shoot high and/or wide majority of his chances. My personal thought is very middle of the road. He can look fantastic but he accomplishes mostly average results, hard to care too much either way on how it pans out.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Auston Matthews moves around the ice and handles the puck with the kind of ease you see with Lebron James. A guy of his size shouldn't be moving around like that. It's insane to think what this guy will be doing at 24-25.

He's still going to get stronger and more explosive.

I wouldnt trade him for anyone in the league outside of McDavid.

He's still not close to reaching his ceiling.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Come to the dark side; stop paying for it like I did; and just stream the games

I have to know how to do it. I just got home late tonight just wanted to catch the game in progress. Trust me if the NHL ****s me again I'll be going to Reddit. You can't take my money for GameCentre AND cable and leave me out in the cold. **** that ****.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Leivo was awesome tonight but the question is will it enough? once Nylander signs I'm not sure where Leivo fits

Ennis does not have the muscle that the 3rd line needs. With Hyman and Nylander back , you end up with Brown, Ennis and Johnsson, three players with similar skillsets for 2 slots every night. leivo is in a different category from them.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I have to know how to do it. I just got home late tonight just wanted to catch the game in progress. Trust me if the NHL ****s me again I'll be going to Reddit. You can't take my money for GameCentre AND cable and leave me out in the cold. **** that ****.

That's the spirit!

I wrote them a letter and email; never heard back - I decided to cancel my membership with them. plain and simple

Reactions: Mork

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->