Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Leivo is a f***ing bum. It’s always “oh gotta burry that one bud”. The guy can’t finish for shit, can’t PK, not a great skater. Time to move on from him and get whatever pick or bag of pucks a team offers us.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Having Marner and Kapanen on the PP for a full year is going to be fun.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hey guys Habs fan coming in peace. I would like to know your impressions on Kotkaniemi, I would love to have sincere opinion from a rival team. By the way I love Marner you guys have a heck of a player and wish you the best for this season!
he went from looking like he was years away from making the NHL to looking like he should be in the NHL this year over the span of the last couple of weeks. his improvement has really impressed me. I think he's a very smart player with good offensive tools

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Leivo is a ****ing bum. It’s always “oh gotta burry that one bud”. The guy can’t finish for ****, can’t PK, not a great skater. Time to move on from him and get whatever pick or bag of pucks a team offers us.

Good.. Good.. let you hate flow.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Pretty bad game but it’ll take a while for the entire roster to come together as a unit. Can’t be too upset about it. Power play looked lethal when it managed to get set up.

If Mitch keeps playing like this he’ll be flirting with triple digits by season’s end.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Who were Matthews wingers last year ?

Never mind

doesn't matter

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
There was a poll last year and the poll was Is Marner a super star ? , Yes or No . He had almost double the no votes as he did yes . Have you guys changed your mind yet . I said he was the best player on the team last year . he's 100% been the best leaf this pre season . Welcome to the Marner show
No he was not the best player on the team last year. I love the guy but everyone needs to calm down a bit on the hype.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hey guys Habs fan coming in peace. I would like to know your impressions on Kotkaniemi, I would love to have sincere opinion from a rival team. By the way I love Marner you guys have a heck of a player and wish you the best for this season!

Kotkaniemi has one heck of a future for you guys, and will likely be your #1C down the road. He isn't good in the dot at this point, 31% tonight, and of course being young, he isn't that strong yet. He has the talent to play in the NHL, and personally I'd give him the eight games.... I'd use those extra games to judge to see if he's ready, or if he should go down and work on his game... You've got a really good player there.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Off the roster

Rosen, Leivo needs to be traded with one of our back up goalies.

Fyi that's our stacked PP with one practice, one game..only get even more deadly. I think when willy signs Kadei comes off that unit.

Matthew's JT Nylander

Rielly Marner

Marleau Kadri Ennis

Gardiner Dermott

I think Oz makes the team as 7th D.

Johnsson needs some confidence, Kap played his best game this far.

Mitch Marner..what can I say, so many of you said no Hanifin no Strome. I kept saying this guy is special, generational type winger. And here we are..kid is bigger, faster which allows his already huge skill to shine even brighter

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
There are things I liked in that game and things I didn't like. Don't think Dermott is at risk of losing his spot to Rosen. Oz had some iffy moments, but he also had some good ones. I think as he gets used to the speed he can be really solid back there.

I thought the fourth line had some nice potential. Kapanen was moving his feet quite often and should create good chances with Johnsson and Lindholm. The powerplay is going to be ridiculous and the PK could create great chances for us.

They have room to improve, but they can be really good this year.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
5 on 5 Leivo was at least as good as his linemates, if not better.

We’ve been waiting 4 years for him to show something. He’s 25 and can’t beat out 22 year olds. Babcock clearly doesn’t view him highly. I’m just ready to move on. It will probably be in his best interest too. I’m sure he can get minutes on a bad team so he can at least better his game instead of sitting in a press box.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Replace Dermott with Rosen the D is fine. 92 looks good to be honest.

Replace Ennis with Nylander, Moore with Hyman we are borderline unstoppable. Tavares was invisible tonight still scored 5.

Also pleased with Lindholm as well.

In fact I would say the fact Lindholm and 92 looked pretty good tonight is the biggest takeaway and should alleviate a lot of concerns.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Looks like he's going to be your #1 center before long. Sees the ice very well.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Happy with result, elated with Marner and I love the power play, but we have work to do. Montreal played better than us in our favourite 5v5 . Still a win is a win and though exciting it is still preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad