Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 5-1 over the Caps

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Leafs MUST be able to utilize their drafted players.

Relying on summer signings every year is a failure.
Our cap dollars should be focused on a good RHD defenseman. Then bring back one of domi or Bertuzzi.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It's gonna be hard to break up the Matthews, Bertuzzi, Domi line when Mitch comes back. They continue to look fantastic together.
I’d love to see us try this:

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - JT - Mitch
McMann - Holmberg - Willy
Robertson - Kampf - Dewar/Reaves

3 lines that can be really dangerous - taking a page from those Pitt cup teams that often put Sid, Geno and Kessel on 3 separate lines.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - JT - Mitch

3 lines that can be really dangerous - taking a page from those Pitt cup teams that often put Sid, Geno and Kessel on 3 separate lines.
That 3C spot is a big issue. I like Holmberg, but not for that role (yet?)

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - JT - Mitch

When it's all said and done, the first line is probably the best place to "shelter" Domi and Bertuzzi from a defensive standpoint. Matthews is strong enough defensively to keep that line (mostly) afloat when they don't have the puck, and they can dominate when they do have the puck.

Reactions: bax

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - JT - Mitch

I'm good with something like that but we need all the guys to get healthy.

Hopefully the last 5 games minimum they basically set the lines so they can get in a groove and gear up for the 1st playoff game.

And if we're really lucky the pk slowly improves before playoffs. That's been really killing them.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'm good with something like that but we need all the guys to get healthy.

Hopefully the last 5 games minimum they basically set the lines so they can get in a groove and gear up for the 1st playoff game.

And if we're really lucky the pk slowly improves before playoffs. That's been really killing them.
It’s looking like Mitch and Rielly will be back in the next few games, and Edmundson not long after. So should have some decent time for those 3 to ramp up.

Lily and Jarnkrok though, way less certain. If Jarnkrok does get back for the start of the playoffs, he could be a 3C option as well, but honestly I’m not sure I like him at centre quite as much as Holmberg. To me Jarnkrok is a winger who can play centre in a pinch, but it’s not his strong suit, while Holmberg is pretty equally good at centre or on the wing.

Reactions: Burnie97

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - JT - Mitch

I hear that is what Leafs plan on doing in playoffs .. going with 3 lines who can produce .. don't know the players lines but concept looks like their plan

For me
Bert Matty Mitch
Domi Holmberg Willy
McMann JT Jankrok
???/Kampf Dewar Reaves

Bottom line Willy gets killed playing with JT they are oil and water -- terrible mix for Willy .. Willy needs to play a FAST game with other guys who can motor .. Holmberg and Domi can fly with Willy and Holmberg can lead da D effort .. JT line needs to be a hard working line playing a forecheck/cycling game .. 4th line needs Dewar and Reaves as either Florida or Boston will be a nasty series .. Kampf likely suits up pretty much for PK needs but i think Mitch Holmberg Dewar and Jankrok can handle PK if leafs want to throw in 1 of rooks for extra scoring???.. so Kampf may not dress

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad