Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If we acquire Pietrangelo it makes the most sense to either deal Gardiner or Dermott.

We have guys that can replace Gardiner or Dermott. We don’t have someone that can replace Zaitsev. Liljegren is replacing Hainsey. So what if we lose Pietrangelo in UFA and we’ve traded Zaitsev?

As much as this fan base trashes him there aren’t better options coming via FA and we don’t have replacements in the pipeline.

I don't think St.Louis will see any value in Gardiner and funny enough, a lot of their better D prospects/young guys are LHD like Walman and Dunn. We need Dermott for 2nd pairing LD moving forward.

I imagine if we're making a deal with St.Louis there is some assurances that Pietrangelo is open to re-signing with us. I also think that St.Louis will likely want Liljegren in the trade.

This year we'd finish out with

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Oz/Marincin

The year after

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Dermott-X
Rosen-Oz/UFA

I think that if we were to make some other moves such as sending out a guy like Brown, Stralman will be UFA and could be a great fit on a 2 year term but it is not a guarantee he'd sign with us. I think TBL will need to let him go though as they feel the cap squeeze.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
win the game against a good and hot team with our backup goalie in net and all anyone wants to talk about is trading for dmen.

ah, leafs fans.

Win was fantastic, we've been keeping shots under 30 lately. Sparks shook off an early bad goal and settled in periods 2+3.

I think we have to acknowledge though that we're going to need to upgrade on the back end going into the post-season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Win was fantastic, we've been keeping shots under 30 lately. Sparks shook off an early bad goal and settled in periods 2+3.

I think we have to acknowledge though that we're going to need to upgrade on the back end going into the post-season.

eh. then so does tampa.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Seriously our 3 line was fantastic tonight again. All 4 lines played well.

I thought the Matthews line was a bit dicey, Matthews and Marleau just doesn't work for some reason

also the Leafs are much better at closing games out with the lead. nice to see

Thanks God, if we're a couple ahead going into the 3rd I feel pretty comfortable

I couldn't say that a couple of years ago

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Such a nice feeling opposed to many years past where we were always playing the numbers game throughout the season, always doing math and asking how many more points we need to qualify for the playoffs and it when we’d be mathematically eliminated.

To be 26-10-2 with 54 points through 38 games is just amazing, cruising into the playoffs is so refreshing vs nail biter seasons.

Reactions: ThewThew

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Thought Nylander played another mediocre game, penalty, not much generated, giveaways.

Moore was excellent yet again, would not mind sitting Goat/Lindholm when Hyman gets back.

Love Kap's heart and it's why I rate him higher than Nylander, kid is going to be unreal in a few years.

Good for Sparks for battling back after that first goal, I've always thought giving up bad goals doesn't matter in the least provided you play well after that. I hope he continues to prove me wrong that he is an NHL goalie, if he plays simple with his movement, he may be able to achieve that as he is massive in the net.

JT was a beast tonight.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Just finished watching. Team played a very solid road game. The Cannon Balls were feeling it. 4th line was also terrific. JT with 2 goals! Also enjoyed Kap's reaction to Marleau being hit.

Sparks was really good, especially after giving up the first goal. Really liked how active he was at using his paddle to intercept short passes by the opponent.

Time to sink the Islanders!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
win the game against a good and hot team with our backup goalie in net and all anyone wants to talk about is trading for dmen.

ah, leafs fans.

Alzner might be available for cheap...no need for Lilly and a 1st...just Lilly...:sarcasm:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
impressive win. Some bounces went our way around both nets, Sparks looked pretty good in there.

Favourite moment was when Marner passed the puck to himself through the opposing players feet while doing a 360 loop. LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Just watched the game. Really good game from us, we were the better team all night. Crazy how Matthews only got one point, he was probably the best player on the ice - Marleau needs to get off his line.

horner

May 22, 2007
[QUOTEi ="weems, post: 154216537, member: 71114"]Moore played a really good game and brings a real nice blend of speed and intensity to the lineup.

I don't think I would have said this at the start of the season but Marner definitely "could" turn out to be better than Matthews.

When this team works hard and pays attention to detail they're extremely tough to beat.[/QUOTE]

I agree on both points.

Marner is captain material.
A never stop engine.
Being a London knights fan and watching most of his games . His game has never changed from day one.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
JT - wow what a player we got.

Kap - this kid is the real deal

Marner - can’t believe how good he’s become.

Nylander - yikes, still angry Dubas caved to this belligerent rich kid.

Sparks - Cautiously optimistic

Reactions: Al14 and Confucius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad