Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
also the Leafs are much better at closing games out with the lead. nice to see

Who knew that relying on Polak, Komarov to close out games would lead to blown leads?

It almost feels as if this team was purposely shackled and now they are slowly being unleashed.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Garrett Sparks
GAA: 2.89
SV%: .910

We would have taken this and ran at the beginning of the season. Dubas was right it seems.
He hasnt taken a mis step as GM so far.

Yeah, those are respectable numbers for a back up goalie making league minimum especially with goalscoring up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
ED940C4F-5C8D-4E98-98CA-6C7E478F62B1.jpeg
BAD0E5CA-297F-45EF-8532-E2DF30F7261D.jpeg
That was a lot of fun. I’d recommend a Columbus road trip to any Leaf fan.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What percentage were Leafs fans?
Hard to tell since many Columbus fans wear blue as well. Lower bowl looked to be about 50/50.
The ‘CBJ’ chant did sound louder than the ‘GO LEAFS GO’ chant though.
The bar pre-game was almost all Leaf fans, place was packed by 4.
Taya our server said it’s always the craziest game of the year.

Reactions: slozo

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hard to tell since many Columbus fans wear blue as well. Lower bowl looked to be about 50/50.
Looked like a fun environment.

Reactions: ACC1224

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

I know someone in your picture lol. Small world.

Reactions: ACC1224

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
Missed the game but saw that Matthews and Marner were on together for an even strength goal - how did that happen? Was it just between line changes or did Babcock have them out together for a while last night?

Reactions: LeafShark

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
His record would suggest otherwise, he also seems to be having stretches where he looks more technically sound which is promising to

Don't get me wrong, Hyman has hands like feet but he works with Nylander and Matthews because he does the heaviest lifting and the other two ignore him offensively

He doesn't need to finish because the other two do it for him

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander (we know that line can work provided Nylander returns to form)

IMO an interesting experiment would be to see what
Johnsson-Tavares-Kappanen could do.

That would leave
Marleau-Kadri-Marner (and we know that line can work)

I get splitting up JT & MM maybe considered heresy, but those may be pretty lethal.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Bet 4: Betting $20.00 on the spread for Leafs to win. Must win by 2 goals. Pays $23.40 if I win. Was planning on taking the money line, but not at -230. Go Leafs! Crush them please!

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Seeing Brown getting on the ice with Tavares Marner in the final minutes is the least deserved reward. Babcock needs to put his respect for Brown off ice aside when it comes to the game where all Brown deserves is at most the 4th line.

It may get pointed out that it is silly to be negative after a good win. But these things will arise in the playoffs in crucial moments. Babcock had Komorov on the powerplay against Boston. Brown this season has shown nothing good in either end of the ice, yet Babcock's respect for him will not allow him to limit his play.

It’s so crazy the only thing it can be is to boost his trade value. Showcasing him on top line?!?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
4th line has been way better than 3rd.

Kadri desperately needs help

Moore needs to stick around, buzz saw out there with good amount of skill

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
When Hyman comes back I want to see the line-up like this;

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Hyman
Lindholm - Gauthier - Brown/Moore

Much much better.

This makes the most sense. Which means it won’t happen.

Hyman on his left wing has never made sense to me, least skilled player with the puck should at least play on his strong side.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Bet 4: Betting $20.00 on the spread for Leafs to win. Must win by 2 goals. Pays $23.40 if I win. Was planning on taking the money line, but not at -230. Go Leafs! Crush them please!
god damn... same thing two days in a row... I put my bet through, then find out soon after that Sparks is starting.

Also bet $20 on the over tonight. So I've got $20 riding on the Leafs to win by 2, and $20 on over 6.5 goals.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
It’s so crazy the only thing it can be is to boost his trade value. Showcasing him on top line?!?
He may not be the best on our team offensively but he kills penalties and Is defensively responsible.

Tavares and marner are both 200 ft players so Babcock puts the three together to protect the lead.

Reactions: egd27

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Seeing Brown getting on the ice with Tavares Marner in the final minutes is the least deserved reward. Babcock needs to put his respect for Brown off ice aside when it comes to the game where all Brown deserves is at most the 4th line.

yea, why put a defensively responsible player out in the final minutes when protecting a lead? Should have put Nylander out so he could get an empty netter and break the slump. :sarcasm:

Some of these posts.....smh

Reactions: Gallagbi

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
I dont get the people ragging on Brown. He has had chances, they just havent gone in. He will contribute offensively. Unlike some of you guys I like our team the way it is, yes even if Hyman (if only he was on the thirdline). I want to see all of our guys suceed and in a long season you will get contributions from unlikely sources.

I am not a huge fan of Sparks, but the kid can play. He needs some solid work to improve his positioning and get his emotions in check.

We dont need any of St Louis' overrated D Men. Keep our roster and develop from within. Who would have thought it would be Kempny rather than Shattenkirk that made a bigger impact on the Caps? The tradeline is where most teams make huge gambles that dont pay off.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->