Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Coming home after celebrating my 2nd year anniversary with my amazing girlfriend, this was good news.

Leafs win, Edler gets hit for his dirty play.

Habs, Jets and Sens are just flat out bad.

Matthews is elite. He is forcing the world to respect him as an elite talent and I love the guy for it.

Brooks is a piston of endless energy.

Spezza is just a legend.

Rittich needed that win.

Go Leafs Go!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Coming home after celebrating my 2nd year anniversary with my amazing girlfriend, this was good news.

Leafs win, Edler gets hit for his dirty play.

Leafs, Jets and Sens are just flat out bad.

Matthews is elite. He is forcing the world to respect him as an elite talent and I love the guy for it.

Brooks is a piston of endless energy.

Spezza is just a legend.

Rittich needed that win.

Go Leafs Go!

What ??

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
awwww honey
Simmonds took it easy on him. Cheap shot and injure one of our players, expect some payback

What baloney. Simmonds punched him in the face a whole bunch and the instant Edler was done he stopped throwing. He could have landed another four or five bombs on a defenseless player, but you can see Simmonds clearly holding his arm out and done throwing when Edler went to his knees.

I mean, Edler clearly doesn't stand a chance in there, he's hanging on for dear life, but Simmonds respected his opponent. He had a job to do, respect to Edler for answering the bell, and that's the end of it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
awwww honey
Simmonds took it easy on him. Cheap shot and injure one of our players, expect some payback

Edler went right away. Good for him and good for Simmonds for not hitting him as soon as he quit. It was fine. If edler or anyone else pulls off any dirt it will be Simmonds coming again. Like Simmonds said, the refs aren’t looking after his teammates. So now he said, you won’t be hiding behind the refs anymore.

I like it

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
awwww honey

That tweet is one of the dumbest hockey takes I've seen in awhile. Send some else to answer the bell? So what, a health bomb or AHL guy who will play 2 minutes of that game and sit out the next one? The whole point of fighting is to keep each other accountable, what accountability is there if you're having someone else take responsibility for your actions?

If you don't want to fight, that's fine. It just means you can't play dirty. Don't want to fight, but you still want to play dirty? Retire. Or play for the Bruins, either one works.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
That tweet is one of the dumbest hockey takes I've seen in awhile. Send some else to answer the bell? So what, a health bomb or AHL guy who will play 2 minutes of that game and sit out the next one? The whole point of fighting is to keep each other accountable, what accountability is there if you're having someone else take responsibility for your actions?

If you don't want to fight, that's fine. It just means you can't play dirty. Don't want to fight, but you still want to play dirty? Retire. Or play for the Bruins, either one works.

I think he wanted the Leafs to send someone else. Show some respect to zero fight Edler by having Adam Brooks fight him, and make sure Brooksie does the honourable thing by letting Edler have a clean 1st punch.

Really what we should have done is had our guy put on a curly white wig, take Edler to centre ice, take 10 paces and fire flintlock pistols in the air. Our honour is restored, and Edler faces no physical harm. Everyone wins.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I think he was saying the Leafs should have sent someone else besides Simmonds, who is a known fighter, against Edler, who is not. Wanted it to be more of a fair fight.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I think he was saying the Leafs should have sent someone else besides Simmonds, who is a known fighter, against Edler, who is not. Wanted it to be more of a fair fight.

I think he wanted the Leafs to send someone else. Show some respect to zero fight Edler by having Adam Brooks fight him, and make sure Brooksie does the honourable thing by letting Edler have a clean 1st punch.

Ok, that makes a little more sense. So let me rephrase, if Edler didn't want to have to fight one of our team's tough guys, then maybe he shouldn't have thrown a dirty hit.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Imagine whining about having to fight after taking out yet another players Knee :laugh: You cant make this stuff up. "Edler had 0 fights" Still has 0 fights, did he even throw a punch ? Did his best Tkachuk impression.

On a different note, Sandin looks fantastic. He needs a permanent spot on the team, absolutely love this kid. He does it all. He can skate, make plays, defend, good passer, uses the body and has a good shot. Definitely deserves a spot in the line up. Run 7 D come playoff time maybe ? Rielly, Brodie, Holl, Muzzin, Dermott, Bogosian, Sandin. Lily looked decent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->