Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
As usual, teammates gave Sandin an entirely uninspiring, unimaginative and wholly predictable nickname: "Sandy".

After taking out the much bigger Wheeler with a solid reverse check, I hereby propose Rasmus be referred to as "Captain Crunch", a tribute to legendary bodychecker and bone rattler, Scott Stevens.
How about Sandman as in Enter the Sandman

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I think it's dangerous to sleep on the Habs, and how motivated they will be.

Definitely enjoying seeing the Leafs play the way they have the last 2 games, as I've disliked the gross imbalance between skill and grit that we've had in the past, and am enjoying the infusion of toughness that Simmonds, Thornton, Bogo, and Muzzin bring, with Nash and now Foligno in the fold.

Having said that, never underestimate an opponent who is desperate and hates your guts. Anderson has seemingly scored at will on us all season, and no one wants to be left out of the playoffs. I think Montreal will come at us with everything they have and will be dangerous. They have everything on the line to play desperate, including an unforgiving media.

Having said all that, God I love hockey.

Go Leafs Go!

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I'm not worried about facing the Habs, Oils or Jets in the playoffs. The Canucks worry me more.

We are 3-3-1 against the Canucks.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
THE GOOD: Rasmus f***ing Sandin, he's a bulldog with real skill. I thought I saw it last year or at least the beginnings' of it. The kid has what it takes to be an everyday NHL defender no doubt, he'll still need to accumulate experience to reach his potential, but I think I'm seeing a definite 2nd pairing guy, maybe even a #1. He's got a way to go but he's sure showing the signs and certainly has some confidence. The Captain is playing like the former #1 pick that he is, his early hit on Ehlers set the tone for the entire game, I didn't like that no Leaf jumped in when he got flattened in the crease, but generally the team overall didn't take any backward steps. Oh and Jack seems to be back!

THE BAD: There doesn't seem to be too much to complain about, there were the usual breakdowns here and there on the D, but you have to keep in my mind that, this is the Winnipeg Jets we were playing, no pushovers anywhere in that line-up, they are a typical Maurice team, they're physical from the opening whistle, they're big and fast, and they are really disciplined, but we beat them at their game! Which isn't so bad is it?

THE UGLY: How JT taking that crosscheck in the head did not get called, or as I mentioned above, at least retaliated against, I just don't know, but somebody needs to dummy Pionk.

Honorable mention: Brooksie, keep going big boy you're playing for a regular spot next year, prove you still got the game that scored 335 in the dubya, just a little more work on the blades and I think you're there. It sure doesn't hurt him getting to be around Jumbo and Spetz. I think he's a keeper
Matthews went right in the crease after the wrong guy? But he went nonetheless. It also wasn’t pionk, it was copp

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I thought he was Sandman?

That's only slightly less original than Sandy -- which a teammate was quoted as calling him after last night's game -- but clearly far better. So fine, Sandman it is. Just anything but "Sandy".

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'm not worried about facing the Habs, Oils or Jets in the playoffs. The Canucks worry me more.

The Nucks is all goalies. Beside against the Sens, their WINs against anyone were all due to their goalies playing great.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's only slightly less original than Sandy -- which a teammate was quoted as calling him after last night's game -- but clearly far better. So fine, Sandman it is. Just anything but "Sandy".

Hopefully he does something significant and they start calling him Captain Game 7 or something.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Matthews went right in the crease after the wrong guy? But he went nonetheless. It also wasn’t pionk, it was copp
I know but Pionk has been an arsehole in every game this season, late hits, chippy stick work etc and somebody needs to dummy him. Savvy?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

None of the North teams worry me, just the powerhouse teams they could come across after the 2nd round. I'd be worried about the Habs but they really haven't figured it out with their new coach, they might even miss the playoffs.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I loved the Thornton/Ehlers rivalry. Reminded me of old-time hockey where everyone wasn't best friends.

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
If they want to call us the dirty Leafs team I Love it
I call this a leaf team that doesn't back down

Mad dog Thornton Love it
Walk the line Simmons
Brick wall Sandin
Crunch Muzzin

I Love this team know wait till Folingo gets comfortable and when Hyman gets back

We are know set for the playoffs
Sandin for not playing alot of games this year has looked great
Brooks is a keeper great game

For some fans on here that think we didn't need some tough player Mmmmm exactly what we needed.

I thought it was "Walk the Dog Simmons" :laugh:

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Is it just me or does ehlers look like the dad of courage the cowardly dog?

Had to google that, but yes. LOL

He also reminds me of the vulture from the 60s spiderman cartoon.
tumblr_oq98dmxwFn1vm8uqwo3_500.png

Reactions: OddyOh and Budz22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad