Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-1 | "Corsi Enthusiasts Hate Them!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Doug Gilmour's best season as a pro was at age 30 as a Leaf in 92-93. While joining in the spring of 1992, the 92-93 campaign was Gilmour's first complete regular season as a Leaf. Due to injuries and the lockout, this will be Lupul's first full season as a Leaf as well. **fingers crossed**

Lupul could crack the 40 goal mark if he stays healthy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
hey! st louis sucks! they only have 14 shots on goal too!
(also they are losing 4-0).

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Our own Theremedial or a guy that uses the exact same avatar being silly on Twiitter as he is a frequent Mirtle fan.

Ranger didn't have a bad game and has been getting better. Wrong again.

Seriously? Ranger looked great this game and has two good games in row before. As I've said before, people are so focused on their agendas against players that you wonder if they are able to enjoy the games.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Leafs played fine despite shots. First period was a joke with all the penalties they took, period 2 was sloppy as usual, and they shut things down in the third.

Leafs For Life*

S what did Kessel do? Give a rookie the empty netter and if so, who? (Wasn't watching)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
So fun to win. Of course also fun to give the finger to Corsi :).

Props to Reimer for coming up big and proving we have a couple excellent goalies in the net.

EDDIE20*

Just read a few Sens comments. Apparently, the Leafs are incredibly lucky. They also can't wait for the Leafs to play some good teams.:handclap:

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
If Kessel ends up with 39 or 49 goals this year I sure hope the "realists" remember this game. That was a cool moment for this team. Just goes to show how little the players actually care about personal stats or any stats in general just the WIN.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Best Tweet of The Night

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 2h
The Leafs are like a Terminator sent back in time to destroy shot-based hockey stat analysis before it can win the war

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Nice to see Reimer get a start after a while and still be great. He was Leafs best player tonight and hopefully he'll get the next start too and Leafs can just ride whoever is hot.

I thought Reilly had his best game in the NHL so far. Bolland was good as well. It was a struggle for pretty much everyone else.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just read a few Sens comments. Apparently, the Leafs are incredibly lucky. They also can't wait for the Leafs to play some good teams.:handclap:

Glad to see them admit that the Sens are not a good team because they were one of the teams we beat.

I knew some of them had functioning brains...always nice to be right.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Reimer is playing well and so is Bernier, Leafs have great Goal Tending, 1a and 1b.

Very Classy play by Kessel.

Rielly ain't going anywhere, he gets better every time out, one small gaff tonight but he played a very good game.

With so many of our first line players out we have still played great.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The fact Ranger had more TOI then Franson, makes me mad especially since Franson had 2A and 4 hits..

Franson had two second assists on the PP, if I'm not wrong. That shouldn't neccessarily be a reason for him to get more even strength ice time.

No matter what I don't see the problem of having a lot of ice time on a defenseman that played a very safe, stable game.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

so is that their way of saying that they aren't a good team? as we played them? and beat them?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Seriously? Ranger looked great this game and has two good games in row before. As I've said before, people are so focused on their agendas against players that you wonder if they are able to enjoy the games.

Then it is true, it has to be our pal Theremedial. Doesn't post much when Bozak plays well and with Grabo in Washington now. :sarcasm:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Rielly looked good; Reimer looked good; and the Leafs are leading the NHL (for a couple of hours). What's not to like?

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
man i hope lupul can stay healthy for a couple of years so he can prove thats hes one of games top players, cus he is, his skillset isn't as good as kessels but hes production is right there with him cus he doesn't play soft

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
S what did Kessel do? Give a rookie the empty netter and if so, who? (Wasn't watching)

Raymond cleared the puck (to empty net it) and Kessel tracked it to make sure it was heading towards the net, and when it was clear that it was, he backed off - ensuring the goal was Raymond's, not his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad