Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
They point out the smart play by Marner to back skate that stick out of the way 50 seconds after it got there. No mention of the sly play by the Knights to put it there though.
Its disappointing.

Thats about the extent of their entire post game breakdown.

One single play. No real panel talk. Straight to highlights.

It is 3rd rate coverage, really.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
f1c7f9ac-cd50-4769-8171-afc0c87cab49.gif

you f***in beast

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It's weird though that during these three games, a lot of fans have believed they haven't deserved the win. Hockey is such a funny game. Truly leaves me amazed. I'll take the 6 straight points anyday though. Huge.

I'm looking for things each game during this winning streak and they are doing some really good things. Would like to see them put it all together for one dominant game, maybe Saturday?

Still need to improve in other areas like JT just said. Win is always excellent, but last 3 games is nothing to be too proud of, tbh. Regardless what Babcock says. Not sorry for Andersen showing up doing his job. Maybe other players can too.

Learning how to play in close games is important for any team but it shouldn't be used as some blueprint for the Leafs to find their identity. If Fred was average like at times in the past then they easily lose this one.

I thought the way Vegas played was fantastic. Especially with the way they insulated Subban all game. Gallant is a great coach. He has shown he is willing to adapt his scheme to fit the times of the game. All that and they were shorthanded 6 times. Damn.

I'll take the 2 points and run.

Last edited:
Reactions: meefer and Dragao6

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
What was up with all the complaints in the GDT about the too many men? Is it really that hard to count? Look how far Kerfoot is already into the play holding up a Vegas player while Matthews is still on the ice.

Kerfoot had good possession stats but I wonder if they forgot to check his penalty differential. Was he this putrid at discipline in Colorado?

upload_2019-11-7_18-58-9.png

Zacman

Dec 14, 2009
Ugly ugly game.

You can't have your Top 6 be your bottom 6.
And this is happening far too much, too often.

Not for this board really, but credit to Subban....he looked good. Real good.
Both goals were scored by the top 6. What are you talking about?

Reactions: crump

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Its disappointing.

Thats about the extent of their entire post game breakdown.

One single play. No real panel talk. Straight to highlights.

It is 3rd rate coverage, really.

they got to get to the commercials to make more money greedy tv companies.....

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's weird though that during these three games, a lot of fans have believed they haven't deserved the win. Hockey is such a funny game. Truly leaves me amazed. I'll take the 6 straight points anyday though. Huge.

I'm looking for things each game during this winning streak and they are doing dome really good things. Would like to see them put it all together for one dominant game, maybe Saturday?

Still need to improve in other areas like JT just said. Win is always excellent, but last 3 games is nothing to be too proud of, tbh. Regardless what Babcock says. Not sorry for Andersen showing up doing his job. Maybe other players can too.

Learning how to play in close games is important for any team but it shouldn't be used as some blueprint for the Leafs to find their identity. If Fred was average like at times in the past then they easily lose this one.

I thought the way Vegas played was fantastic. Especially with the way they insulated Subban all game. Gallant is a great coach. He has shown he is willing to adapt his scheme to fit the times of the game. All that and they were shorthanded 6 times. Damn.

I'll take the 2 points and run.

Because their play foreshadows and early exit from playoffs when games get hard and when it matters....

If we get there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->