Proposal: Leafs/Wild

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
To Toronto:

Zucker (Lw for Matthews)
Spurgeon (Rd for Rielly)

Toronto get's Zucker who has a respectable cap hit. He would be a nice add to Matthews-Kapanen.
Spurgeon is a good rd for Rielly.

To the Wild

William Nylander
Timothy Liljegren
1st round pick
Josh Leivo

Minnesota cash's in on developing Zucker. The Wild aren't good enough to win a cup, but they aren't bad enough to blow it up. With William Nylander they get a legit top line forward, 4-5 years younger then Zucker. Nylander can also play C.

Timothy Liljegren = Legit budding prospect, future top 4 player. He won't be ready this year and not suitable for the leafs win now mode.

1st round pick will be in the 20-30 range.

Leivo is not a throw in, a legit top 9 line player.

Reactions: canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Wow. Just wow. A late 1st round pick isn’t worth much. Liljegren has 2 goals 22 points in 69 AHL games - solid prospect but not top tier. I’ve watched him a dozen or so times live on the Marlies. Skates well, solid
Defensively for his age but wasn’t as good as Holl. Then Gardiner who stacks up points in a great offensive team and has some major flaws in his game for an outstanding 24 year old physical two way man PLUS Charlie Coyle???

Would Minnesota even do Dumba + Coyle for Gardiner + Nylander + 1st/Liljegren?

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
To Toronto:

Zucker (Lw for Matthews)
Spurgeon (Rd for Rielly)

Toronto get's Zucker who has a respectable cap hit. He would be a nice add to Matthews-Kapanen.
Spurgeon is a good rd for Rielly.

To the Wild

William Nylander
Timothy Liljegren
1st round pick
Josh Leivo

Minnesota cash's in on developing Zucker. The Wild aren't good enough to win a cup, but they aren't bad enough to blow it up. With William Nylander they get a legit top line forward, 4-5 years younger then Zucker. Nylander can also play C.

Timothy Liljegren = Legit budding prospect, future top 4 player. He won't be ready this year and not suitable for the leafs win now mode.

1st round pick will be in the 20-30 range.

Leivo is not a throw in, a legit top 9 line player.

Not bad at all. Zucker is under a great contract though (5.5 with more more seasons after this year ) and coming off of 33 goals. If Nylander was signed for 6x7 I’d consider this a wash.

Spurgeon for Liljegren and a 1st is a fair deal if Minnesota is looking to rebuild.

Leivo doesn’t really hold much value.

Reactions: HappyGilmourr

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Spurgeon for Liljegren and a 1st is not a fair deal lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so leafs basically get a right handed version of gardiner and a forward they dont need for ther low low price of liljegren and a 1st?

pass

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not bad at all. Zucker is under a great contract though (5.5 with more more seasons after this year ) and coming off of 33 goals. If Nylander was signed for 6x7 I’d consider this a wash.

Spurgeon for Liljegren and a 1st is a fair deal if Minnesota is looking to rebuild.

Leivo doesn’t really hold much value.

leafs would be shooting for a better dman if they are giving up their best prospect and a 1st
also in no world is Nylander who at 20-21 got back to back 60+ pts a wash with zucker who didnt do it once until he was 26

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
leafs would be shooting for a better dman if they are giving up their best prospect and a 1st
also in no world is Nylander who at 20-21 got back to back 60+ pts a wash with zucker who didnt do it once until he was 26

Hmmm let’s see 33 goals for 5.5 million or 20 goals for 7 million. Zucker is a better player on a good contract. Nylander is unsigned and put up 40 assists playing alongside Matthews. The difference I accounted for in Nylander’s upside. Not knocking Nylander - he is a good player but he isn’t some super start forward and is a big step down from a guy like Pastrnak.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
so leafs basically get a right handed version of gardiner and a forward they dont need for ther low low price of liljegren and a 1st?

pass

It’s okay to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about. Especially if saying this and showing everyone else anyway is the alternative

Reactions: 2Pair

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Last year was extended JVR, this year will be all extended Gardiner. :popcorn:

Well in fairness to fellow nation members, the package of three lesser assets (e.g., Leivo, 2nd, Neilsen) for your Team's top 4 defender was pretty darn popular as well. :propeller :dunce:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I'm not advocating this trade but I love the Wilds (you know those little markets that always have gems us big market hicks couldn't possibly understand their power levels) 50 point blueliners who are infinitely better than Gardiner's useless 50 point season.

I get the contract and age difference but how good would Gardiner be if he had the indie cred of being a puck rusher in a bingo hall playing in front of pure marks.

Ouch.

He's not infinitely better. He's more valuable for all the reasons you listed: he's younger and has more peak years ahead of him, he has the potential to continue getting better (which he has every year that he's been in the league), and he's on a contract with more than a year of term left. He also plays the rarer position, has shown himself to be a better goal scorer and, personally, I'd trust him with tougher defensive minutes than Gardiner.

I don't think many Wild fans hate Gardiner, but the idea that they're close in value because they had a similar number of points last year is silly.

I like the contrast in these 2 posts. One shows disrespect & the other provides some actual relevant info. Can you guess which one is which?

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Liljegren isn't a fulltime NHL player (yet?).. There's no reason to trade him.... Let the players evolve and then make an assessment on their trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->