MARNER - - BOZAK - - BROWN
KOMAROV - - KADRI - - LEIVO
SOSHNIKOV - GOAT - MARTIN

BRODIN - - RIELLY
GARDINER - ZAITSEV
MARCHENKO - POLAK

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
wild cant take on salary. they already will have trouble signing there free agents

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
I like Brodin as a target for us, but it would more than likely have to be after the season is done considering the Wild are the best team in the league, not to mention JvR is probably of no interest to Minny.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can't see the Wild having any interest in this.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder what value JVR would have on these boards if he wasn't being offered up on trade proposals 6 times a week?

The only way the Wild trade Brodin is if brilliance is coming back in return, in that case, they'd be willing to add.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
No team in the NHL needs JVR less than the Wild. Awful fit. We have Granlund, Parise, Zucker and Nino at LW with Greenway and Kaprizov coming soon.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Oh look JVR + parts for Brodin. Completely fresh trade idea here.

We need a right shot RW on expansion protected ELC coming to Wild in this deal. Leafs have none.

Doug The Thug Glatt

Dec 31, 2016
Toronto
I wonder what value JVR would have on these boards if he wasn't being offered up on trade proposals 6 times a week?

The only way the Wild trade Brodin is if brilliance is coming back in return, in that case, they'd be willing to add.

You misspelled day.

I'm actually really curious tho too

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You misspelled day.

I'm actually really curious tho too

:laugh::laugh:

Anyway, Brodin is not the sort of player that you get rid of unless you are getting something startlingly good in return. I completely understand why people don't think him valuable...his stats aren't exciting. After the playoffs and before the ED is the time to hit up the Wild for a Dman, but even then you'll have to overpay for Brodin, I'm guessing. Scandella and Dumba might be had at that point...it's either trade them or sit tight and see one go to LV.

I personally would trade Dumba for non ED eligible assets at that time. They are some teams who can take, and protect him. Not a happy situation, but it's that or give him away.

There is no consensus about this with Wild fans. Some would rather see Brodin, or even Spurgeon moved instead of Dumba.

Oh, and the Wild don't need anymore LHD.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016

We need a right shot RW on expansion protected ELC coming to Wild in this deal. Leafs have none.

How close does Soshnikov (RW on ELC and X exempt) + Zaitsev (also X exempt) make it?

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Jonas Brodin, 3rd 2018 (cond)
For
JVR, Connor Carrick, SJS 2nd

HYMAN - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER
MARNER - - BOZAK - - BROWN
KOMAROV - - KADRI - - LEIVO
SOSHNIKOV - GOAT - MARTIN

BRODIN - - RIELLY
GARDINER - ZAITSEV
MARCHENKO - POLAK

This is God awful for the Wild.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Well we do but you can't have him (Nylander).

How close does Soshnikov (RW on ELC and X exempt) + Zaitsev (also X exempt) make it?

Why would Toronto move Zaitsev for Brodin? That makes no sense. Not only are we already thin on RD, we have nobody in the pipeline that plays RD either.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If Leafs want Brodin that badly, we'll deal with Vegas who may get him free anyways. Or alternatively, whatever defenseman the Wild likely have to end up giving and/or the plethora of defenseman Vegas will inevitably stockpile on given how many teams can't protect theirs.

Wild are also the last team that needs JVR as is, with their depth. And they are going for it this year...don't want to break up that nucleus either.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Toronto can't trade SJ 2nd round pick until the draft rankings has been established as it might be the one going to Anaheim in the Andersen trade.

They could trade the higher or the lower of their three 2nd round picks.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
If Leafs want Brodin that badly, we'll deal with Vegas who may get him free anyways. Or alternatively, whatever defenseman the Wild likely have to end up giving and/or the plethora of defenseman Vegas will inevitably stockpile on given how many teams can't protect theirs.

Wild are also the last team that needs JVR as is, with their depth. And they are going for it this year...don't want to break up that nucleus either.

Yeah, Brodin is not getting exposed in the ED so good luck getting Brodin from Vegas.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Yeah, Brodin is not getting exposed in the ED so good luck getting Brodin from Vegas.

Didn't suggest Brodin being exposed was an absolute, would be convenient if you actually took time to read the post.

Or alternatively, whatever defenseman the Wild likely have to end up giving and/or the plethora of defenseman Vegas will inevitably stockpile on given how many teams can't protect theirs.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Well we do but you can't have him (Nylander).

Why would Toronto move Zaitsev for Brodin? That makes no sense. Not only are we already thin on RD, we have nobody in the pipeline that plays RD either.

Well, he's better (why we need to add), cheaper (in about 5 months) and more in line with what we need.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Didn't suggest Brodin being exposed was an absolute, would be convenient if you actually took time to read the post.

I'm not going to argue the semantics of your post. Either way, Brodin won't end up in a Leafs uniform unless Nylander ends up in a Wild uniform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->