Proposal: Leafs - Wild Big Trade

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Why it makes sense:

The Wild could really use some offensive help to secure a playoff spot and JVR would be an offensive upgrade to both Parise and Zucker in their top six LW situation.

They also get the benefit of a blue chip RW prospect in Kapanen and a functional RHD shutdown replacement in Polak until season's end.

Leafs secure their top 4 with Rielly, Spurgeon, Gardiner, Zaitsev.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs pass quite easily, they could get Tanev for that.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I think Leafs fans should investigate more into Spurgeon.

Especially if you think its an overpay by a large margin (it isn't). We need to shore up our top 4.

This puts the Wild in a better position to not lose one of their better D men to expansion and get a very good return.

Who does Kapanen bump on the Leafs RW?

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I think Leafs fans should investigate more into Spurgeon.

Especially if you think its an overpay by a large margin (it isn't). We need to shore up our top 4.

This puts the Wild in a better position to not lose one of their better D men to expansion and get a very good return.

Who does Kapanen bump on the Leafs RW?

I do think that (and it is). We could acquire him with one or the other, not giving a 1LW, really good (though not blue chip) prospect, and I assume we are calling Polak a serviceable 3rd pairing guy in this trade? If you added him as a dump of some kind I don't know what to say.

I can't say it's guaranteed, but I think highly likely Bozak moves on eventually, and Nylander goes back to C. And that is where Kap will fit...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
for JVR Kapa and Polak you could get a hell of alot more then Tanev.

HEll habs well trade you Petry and a pick for that package

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I do think that (and it is). We could acquire him with one or the other, not giving a 1LW, really good (though not blue chip) prospect, and I assume we are calling Polak a serviceable 3rd pairing guy in this trade? If you added him as a dump of some kind I don't know what to say.

I can't say it's guaranteed, but I think highly likely Bozak moves on eventually, and Nylander goes back to C. And that is where Kap will fit...

Why don't you read my "why it makes sense" post...

And look, unbelievably a Minnesota fan just turned down this offer. Looks like he knows what he has in Spurgeon, but he's still wrong to turn down the offer, IMO.

heatbagg101

Dec 7, 2016
would cody ceci and curtis lazar and 1fst rd pick and a 2nd for JvR and William nylander tyler bozak

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

And look, unbelievably a Minnesota fan just turned down this offer. Looks like he knows what he has in Spurgeon, but he's still wrong to turn down the offer, IMO.

How does reading that help? You acknowledge how good JVR is, Kap (I.Y.O) is blue chip, and Polak being serviceable for 3rd pair. I guess you value Spurgeron way higher than me...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I'm fine with our LW situation and wouldn't be too eager to give JVR the contract that he'll be looking for in a year and a half. Those are a couple reasons.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

But it doesn't make sense as we now have a new hole to patch up in the top winger positions. With both JVR and Kapanen gone, who in our system or in free agency will replace that kind of production?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad