GDT: Leafs vs Sens, no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
If our goalies give us a chance to win the Leafs will be more than alright. Two division games. A big 4 points up for grabs. Only so much you can battle after giving up leaky goals. Its f***ing deflating as shit.

It seems obvious what's at stake, I just hope the team puts it together here down the last 24 games.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
There will be.

Refs, schedules, injuries, Babcock, Zaitsev, expected goals, wishful goals, next time goals, promised goals per 60 on weekends

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Win

If the boys want the playoffs anything less than 4 points over this weekend is unacceptable

Our schedule is going to get far more difficult very soon so we have to bank points against teams we should be beating

Let's take care of our business. Florida aren't great but I'd prefer it if we didn't have to rely on them sucking to get in

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Win

If the boys want the playoffs anything less than 4 points over this weekend is unacceptable

Our schedule is going to get far more difficult very soon so we have to bank points against teams we should be beating

Let's take care of our business. Florida aren't great but I'd prefer it if we didn't have to rely on them sucking to get in
If we play like yesterday, we should be okay. Of course maybe the goalie makes saves.
Keefe was right yesterday. It seems like as the team improved defensively, they got worse offensively.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If we play like yesterday, we should be okay. Of course maybe the goalie makes saves.
Keefe was right yesterday. It seems like as the team improved defensively, they got worse offensively.

We're not playing well enough when the game is still in the balance

Win those situations and the other team needs the furious comeback at the end of the game

Yes, our goaltending can't be this God awful either, I'm at the point where I just want the guy that gives us the best possible chance of winning on any particular night

I'm not sure that's Andersen, he is awful right now

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We're not playing well enough when the game is still in the balance

Win those situations and the other team needs the furious comeback at the end of the game

Yes, our goaltending can't be this God awful either, I'm at the point where I just want the guy that gives us the best possible chance of winning on any particular night

I'm not sure that's Andersen, he is awful right now
Yeah I think the team is looking for the balance.
I can't help but think the Florida game is still on the back of their minds.
Keefe and the organization will never do this, but we may need to treat Andy as the backup. You go with the goalie who is performing.

Reactions: LeafsRus and Kiwi

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
hopefully Campbell keeps up his decent play and is good enough for the Leafs to win. They shouldn't need him to be spectacular, just good enough. Getting some depth scoring would be a big help too

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah I think the team is looking for the balance.
I can't help but think the Florida game is still on the back of their minds.
Keefe and the organization will never do this, but we may need to treat Andy as the backup. You go with the goalie who is performing.

Performance should decide how you get treated, if Andersen can't work things out I don't see how you can keep on starting him, he's an antidote to winning right now

They need to stay calm during the "turning points" of games and get some balance, I still don't understand why we can't be aggressive and push play offensively and defensively responsible during the same game

Why does it have to be one or the other?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's been no excuses post all star.

This shit team needs a fight to wake up.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
4 out 4 is a must. Especially when we still have 3 games left with TB, and 1(?) with Boston. How many points are we gonna get out of those? Gotta get all 4 this weekend. I don't care.

Home and home vs the Pens, Canes x 2 and Capitals in late March. Not to mentioned Panthers x 2.

Drunken Leafs Fan

Oct 30, 2016
Big weekend for the team here. These are the kind of games where they absolutely need to bank wins. It's a good chance to build our lead on Florida and gain some momentum going forward. I don't care how it happens, just get the 4 points please.

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Hymen Matthews Marner
Nylander Tavares Engvall
Clifford Spezza Kapanen
Timashov Kerfoot Korskov
Goat

These would be my forward lines while Soups and AJ are injured.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hymen Matthews Marner
Nylander Tavares Engvall
Clifford Spezza Kapanen
Timashov Kerfoot Korskov
Goat

These would be my forward lines while Soups and AJ are injured.

Why would they ever put Kerfoot as the 4C? They are going to put him in the top 9, if not the top 6.

Reactions: NCoRe and Buds17

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Why would they ever put Kerfoot as the 4C? They are going to put him in the top 9, if not the top 6.

Not a huge fan of Kerfoot. Think Engvall deserves more minutes. And really these are both 3/4th lines. Id imagine them getting same minutes.
I like a balance line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->