Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It’s doesn’t look right because it’s both their game totals together, between the two of them they’ve produced 13 points in the last 13 games. Matthews 7, Willie 6.

Thanks! I mean that's abysmal for the zillion dollars in cap space but still, it's twice as good as I thought. :laugh:

Reactions: DarkKnight

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
the back to back against the sabres was pretty frustrating, even if we did eke out a win and even though the loss had a lot to do with hutch. we still didn't play very well. though not awful, either.

still, those games came before mitch came back and that line was reunited, and came before the muzz-holl shutdown pair was put together and Ceci demoted. With those changes, there's no reason we shouldn't win this game.

But man, it sure would be nice to get multiple PPs for once.

That's Keefe's fault for playing the backup, everybody knows you can't play the Leafs backup, he did it anyway and therefore chose to lose.

It appears he's learned from that mistake

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Actually the Leafs are 4th, tied for 3rd and Buffalo is 2nd there are 4 points between and 6th and they are in 2nd basically on the back of Eichel, one bad week from him and they are back in 6th.

That's why I'm not willing to call them a good team, there is one line carrying the lead how long can that last?

There is no depth when that to line goes into a slump, and it will it happens to everybody Buffalo will start to struggle, because like Edmonton Buffalo doesn't have the depth to withstand a slump from their top guys.
Whereas Leafs are a good team even without Andersen? They are not just an injury to Andersen away from being a train wreck if Andersen gets injured? Only the very best of teams can afford to lose their best player and yes neither Toronto or Buffalo fit in that category.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Whereas Leafs are a good team even without Andersen? They are not just an injury to Andersen away from being a train wreck if Andersen gets injured? Only the very best of teams can afford to lose their best player and yes neither Toronto or Buffalo fit in that category.

The difference is if Toronto loses Tavares or Matthews they have the other guy, if Buffalo loses they couldn't be more f***ed

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Past results shouldn't have any bearing on this game, but recently the thought of the early/mid-week home game letdown has crept into my head. You know those stinkers where you can hear a pin drop in the arena. I decided to look at the days of the week so far this year.

Monday: 0-1-1 (both games at home)
Tuesday: 3-3-1 (2-0-1 at home)
Wednesday: 2-3-0 (1-1-0 at home)
Thursday: 2-2-0 (1-1-0 at home)
Friday: 2-2-0 (1-1-0 at home)
Saturday: 7-2-2 (2-0-2 at home)
Sunday: 0-1-0 (no games at home)

What I have found:
  • We have done better on Tuesdays at home than I expected
  • Saturdays rock #hughsonstears
  • This all means nothing

Status