Lines at practice
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kapanen
Moore-Plekanec-Komarov

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick

Also Babcock basically blamed yesterday's loss on himself.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Lines at practice
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kapanen
Moore-Plekanec-Komarov

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick

Glad Carrick is back in but seeing Zaitsev and Gardiner paired together is just painful now. Not a fit at all

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Going to the game tomorrow, sucks that both Matthews and Eichel are out, but we should come out hungry after last night's nightmare. Hopefully we score lots and take out our frustrations on the Sabres and get back on track.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The Sabres are fighting for their careers, and have been playing pretty well - looked really good against Tampa.

Leafs always struggle there.

Think this is just what the boys need - a high intensity fast paced game in an electric atmisphere to shake off the dogcrap that was Saturday night

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The answer is no. We generally play like **** against bottom feeding teams because Babcock insists on playing to their level and trying to line match rather than force them to adjust to us
I don't think we can underestimate anyone the way we're playing right now. Line matching is just what coaches do, it's not a new thing or anything.
We might see Brown back with Bozak at home where Babcock has the line advantages he wants.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't think we can underestimate anyone the way we're playing right now. Line matching is just what coaches do, it's not a new thing or anything.
We might see Brown back with Bozak at home where Babcock has the line advantages he wants.
We shouldn't underestimate them by not playing hard sure. We also shouldn't sabotage our offense out of fear for what they might do either

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
We shouldn't underestimate them by not playing hard sure. We also shouldn't sabotage our offense out of fear for what they might do either
I think "Sabotage" is a bit much. You dislike Brown that much? If everyone plays hard, this game shouldn't be a problem with this lineup.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think "Sabotage" is a bit much. You dislike Brown that much?
I like him but we know that even Matthews can't really generate much when he's saddled with Brown and Hyman. It just seems like we always let bad teams dictate what they want to do and Babcock reacts defensively and it leads to us playing to their level

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm curious, what did he say?

Hoping Nylander sparks Brown's production.

Looks like it is time to shake our D pairings up. I'd like to see

Rielly - Dermott
Gardiner - Carrick
Hainsey - Zaitsev

Bottom pair could get a ton of PK time (as usual) and you could roll them pretty evenly even strength.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Bad decision to saddle him with two wingers who are weak offensively
Yeah, have no idea why he isn't making the obvious decision of putting Kappy at 1RW and leaving JVR-Bozak-Brown as is since it's had 2.7 GF/60 and 1.5 GA/60 since becoming a line

Edit: and making the bottom 4 Gardiner-Carrick and Dermott-Zaitsev and Leivo at 4LW instead of Martin....... UGH Babcock

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nothing going to be easy, but I really want a win here. We need those lines to produce so we can run with them for a bit. Bozak and JVR aren't a bad pair to throw Kapanen with. It's not the Nylander line, but that group can produce some chances.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Nothing going to be easy, but I really want a win here. We need those lines to produce so we can run with them for a bit. Bozak and JVR aren't a bad pair to throw Kapanen with. It's not the Nylander line, but that group can produce some chances.
Going to be harder to match lines against for Buffalo. They have to put their best against the Kadri line and the Nylander line. Kapanen might see some good production this game if he's given free reign with JVR.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm curious, what did he say?

Hoping Nylander sparks Brown's production.

Looks like it is time to shake our D pairings up. I'd like to see

Rielly - Dermott
Gardiner - Carrick
Hainsey - Zaitsev

Bottom pair could get a ton of PK time (as usual) and you could roll them pretty evenly even strength.

"I just didn’t think, when you look at the whole thing, it didn’t look like we were prepared to play in a big moment with a big opportunity. That’s disappointing for me, I’m in charge of having us prepared."

So I guess he didnt bluntly blame himself but he sort of did point out that he is too blame.

Reactions: Gallagbi

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
JVR - Willy - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Hyman - Plekanec - Brown
Komarov - Bozak - Leivo

let them try to stop our offense, which should still overwhelm them

Reactions: BTP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad